Trainee Bike Service Technician
An exciting position has become available for a full time Trainee Bike Service Technician to join a friendly team based in Watford. This is a great opportunity for a school leaver or someone who has had previous employment, who will become an important member of a close knit team in a family-owned company supplying electric mopeds and scooters.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is not afraid to get their hands dirty (literally) and pick up a screw driver!
There may be some Sunday morning working but general hours will be from 9:30 until 5:30 Monday to Thursday and until 4:00 on Fridays.
Ideally the candidate will live within 30 minutes of Watford.Role Requirements
- Motorbike A1 licence or better OR provisional license plus CBT.
- Will be personable with an excellent sense of humour, a 'can do' attitude and the ability to work under pressure.
- An interest in bikes is highly desirable for this role
- Being good with your hands and not afraid to get stuck into aspects of scooter maintenance
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can adapt to a fast-changing environment where everyone on the team has to pitch in to meet sales and delivery targets.
- The candidate will be spoken and able to use standard Microsoft software with excellent grammar and spelling as well as having sufficient arithmetical skills to prepare accurate quotations and finance calculations.
- Will have an interest in environmental issues.
- The successful candidate will be involved in every aspect of the business helping with a wide variety of tasks ranging from mechanical activities such as fixing number plates and preparing bikes for delivery to customers; to sales tasks including updating customer relationship software, assisting with demonstrations and general housekeeping duties.
- The candidate will also be asked to contribute to social media postings and updates to the website.
- As the candidate's skills develop, they will take increasing responsibility for customer management including leading sales demonstrations and bike preparation.
Our client is an independent team providing a range of clean, sustainable electric motorbikes, electric scooters and electric mopeds to replace petrol driven products which have dominated the market until now and which need to be replaced under the Government's Road to Zero strategy. Why should you apply?
If you believe you are the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
- To help deliver planet-friendly transport solutions.
- You will receive both formal and informal training in sales and technical subjects.
Keywords: Trainee, Sales Engineer, School Leaver, Sales, Mechanical Activities, Customer Management, Electric Scooters, Electric Mopeds