"If I had an hour to solve a problem, I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions." - Albert Einstein.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with a Hertfordshire based business services organisation that is currently recruiting a Financial Analyst into its team on a temporary basis of up to 4-months.
In this role, you will lead on the production of the end-of-month outturn, and you will oversee the re-forecasting process with your customers. The work you will be doing will be varied and challenging.
You will be responsible for:
• Delivering the month-end close to provide accurate financial information in a timely manner
• Producing monthly financial management reports, providing relevant narrative on material variances and further business
intelligence, such as trends on the financial position
• Working with senior stakeholders within your business area and leading the monthly finance meetings, identifying
financial risks, issues and opportunities
• Driving the standardisation and automation of processes to improve efficiency of the Finance function
• Leading the implementation of new financial tools and systems
• Working closely with Finance Business Partners to understand monthly performance through linking Operational KPIs and
variance analysis against the forecast/budget
• Improving financial performance by providing insightful and accurate analysis and challenging the business where
What you will need to be great for this role:
• AAT qualified
• Developed vetting
• Self-motivated, with a flexible approach to work to be able to meet tight deadlines
• A team player with good interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
• Experience in a deadline driven finance environment - adaptable and proactive
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.