An exciting opportunity has become available for a Procurement Engineer to work for our client BAE Systems in the Air business working in the Procurement Shared Service- Air Capability & Equipment Organisation.
Key Responsibilities will be :-
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets.
- Improve Supplier performance.
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer.
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers. Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals.
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance.
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met.
- To provide for and attend Internal & External meetings.
- Manage Supplier Performance KPIs to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
The successful applicant will require good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal / external customers are required.
Experience of working in a Procurement environment desirable but not always essential. Essential skills needed are, communication, stakeholder management, Microsoft office, particularly Excel to a high level, attention to detail, to be able to work remotely with limited supervision. You will be a team player and be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs; RFQ; invoicing; SAP; spares and repairs; order book management