Ascendancy is an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Newport, Shropshire. We work with a wide range of clients to grow their businesses online.
We work from a lovely converted cottage in Newport, with a garden for those essential office barbecues - as well as our own garden bar! We also offer home and flexible working opportunities.
We're a team of 13, who genuinely love the work we do and the people we work with. If you are passionate about SEO, this is the role for you.The Role
You would be working alongside two other Digital Marketing Account Managers and reporting to our Operations Manager.
You would be liaising with a given set of clients, identifying their requirements, and ensuring all work is carried out to meet those needs, on time and on budget. You would have the help of a Digital Marketing Assistant in doing so.
A typical campaign would consist of a combination of SEO, Google Ads and Facebook Advertising. For this role you would need to have strong skills in SEO in particular - support can be provided by other team members if you do not have as much experience of Google and/or Facebook advertising.
The successful candidate will gain experience in Digital Marketing across a wide variety of sectors, making every day different! Our Account Managers also have a good amount of creative freedom when creating and implementing strategies.
We are an agency that strongly believes in development and growth. Each employee will have a personalised career development plan and be given regular opportunities for new training and courses to further develop their skills. Main Duties
Liaising with clients to understand their businesses' aims and objectives, and to gather news and information from them that can be used as part of their digital marketing strategy
Skills and Aptitudes
- Putting together digital marketing plans for clients and ensuring these are delivered on time and on budget
- Delivering search engine optimisation and paid advertising services (primarily Google Ads and Facebook Ads) to clients based on growth targets.
- Analysing clients' Google Analytics data and recommending next steps; producing monthly reports for clients using Data Studio, presenting the findings.
- Advising clients on any changes to their websites which would be beneficial to grow their traffic or improve their conversion rates.
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with your clients.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent core IT skills - Microsoft Excel in particular
- Excellent written communication skills - strong English grammar and spelling
- Excellent verbal communication skills; an ability to relate well to clients and explain technical content in layman's terms
- Good time management coupled with the ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a digital marketing role specialising in SEO
- Minimum 5 GCSEs Grade A-C including English and Maths
- A-levels or equivalent
- Experience with SEO essential tools such as Google Search Console, SEMrush, Screaming Frog etc.
37.5 per week for full time role - we would also consider part time or job share as options