St. Michael's Hospice (North Hampshire) enables anyone faced with a life-limiting illness, their families and carers, to attain the highest possible quality of life by providing a choice of specialist care and support.
Founded nearly 30 years ago, St. Michael's cares for over 500 patients a year across the community, leading the provision of the highest quality palliative care throughout North Hampshire and offers more choice than ever. The spirit, ambition and drive presented by the founding committee continue in their staff to this day and remain at the heart of all their work. St. Michael's has over 100 staff and is assisted by over 500 volunteers.Job Description
The successful Director of Income Generation will have the following responsibilities;
The Successful Applicant
- Lead the Fundraising, Retail and Voluntary Services Team to ensure all Income Generation targets are met and the aims of the Income Generation Strategy are achieved
- To create and lead the implementation of the Income Generation Strategy, in conjunction with Trustees, that will support the organisation in its next strategic phase
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of them to ensure that their needs are being met and that their support is retained
- In conjunction with the Fundraising and Retail Teams, identify, develop and implement innovative projects in order to improve donor engagement, deliver sustainable growth and support strategic goals
- Representing the Hospice externally to enhance and strengthen the organisation's profile and optimise all business development opportunities
- To provide professional leadership to the team (including staff and volunteers) and set appropriate performance targets for them
- To agree annual Income Generation and project related budgets with the Chief Executive, ensuring that all departments operate within set allocations, producing financial reports when required
- To lead and embed cultural change within the operational delivery within the charity adopting commercial focus to build revenue streams beyond established techniques establishing sustainable, new and innovative concepts and initiatives
- Develop long term relationships with high-net-worth individuals and Charitable Trusts to deliver committed funding opportunities over the strategic period
- Ensure Income Generation initiatives and public relations are conducted professionally and are consistent with the values, philosophy and strategic objectives of St. Michael's
- Develop the donor engagement journey with distinct focus on supporter value ensuring it is embedded across all revenue streams
- Develop an effective and successful Income Generation structure with clear development opportunities and succession scope ensuring the functions are fit for purpose and aligned to delivery of the Income Generation Strategy
The successful Director of Income Generation should ideally the following skillset;
What's on Offer
- A strong track record within a charity setting and an excellent understanding of the sector
- Evidence of undertaking senior/lead roles- both creating and delivering strategic plans
- Experience of undertaking projects of change management
- Sound knowledge of income generation research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of digital technologies, applications and communication methods
- Highly developed numerical skills and financial understanding and able to produce reliable data and reporting
- Exceptional verbal and written skills to produce quality reports to CEO and Trustees
- Ability to work autonomously, take responsibility for own actions and decision making with minimal direction
- Highly effective networking, interpersonal and collaboration skills and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to think strategically and plan ahead working at visionary level but able to support detailed delivery
- Strong communications and stakeholder management skills
The successful Director of Income Generation will receive a salary of circa £60,000 + benefits.
For any more information please contact Amie Hemson at Michael Page who will be able to share with you the full candidate pack and answer any questions. Please email Amie directly or leave a message on 07826 873350.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZJN0920213573330Z