Assistant ManagerSalary from: £19,672 per annum Permanent full time position (40 hours)
Do you want to join a fast paced, fun loving retailer...with a real family atmosphere in our stores? Come and discover the wonder of The Works!
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will need to be a great at getting the best out of your team. You will work very closely with your Store Manager to lead by example, , living our values of being "Crafty", "Caring" and showing a real "Can-do" spirit to inspire your team to deliver the best service to our customers.
There will be numerous time that you will deputise for your Store Manager on their days off, and work side-by-side during the busy periods.
Working as an Assistant Store Manager for The Works is a great experience that will prepare you for even bigger challenges. We recognise that you are our future Store Managers and beyond... We will actively develop your skills and personal development, as well as offering a real career progression supported by our excellent in-house training team.
We will invest time and money back in you with dedicated training, visits to our Support Centre in Birmingham, and surrounding you with a great support network.
We are extremely proud of our position in the marketplace and we know our success comes from our family of colleagues; you will be at the heart of your store, making a difference to your team. Main duties and key responsibilities of our Assistant Store Managers:
What we want from you:
- Working closely with your Store Manager to achieve the highest sales and profitability possible in your store.
- Make sure your team work well together and they are known by customers for their outstanding customer service.
- Managing and receiving deliveries.
- Have enthusiasm for the products in store including Books, Stationery, Arts & Crafts, and be able to share your interest with your sales team and customers!
- Finally...manage the responsibility for your store when your Store Manager is not working.
What you can expect from us!
- Previous supervisory experience
- To be enthusiastic and want to create a fun place to shop.
- Be creative - you will have a lot of autonomy with the Store Manager to merchandise your store and demonstrate products to your customers.
- To be dedicated to improve on what we currently do. We appreciate that at all levels our employees bring with them some amazing ideas.
- Excellent hands on training.
- 25% discount off our products in store!
- 33 or 28 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Company pension contribution.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life Assurance.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- Charity Giving - Pennies from Heaven and Give as you Earn.
About The Works:
We are very proud to be a Sunday Times 2020 Top 25 "Best Big Companies" to work for.
At The Works, we are a family! Our stores are fun to be in and jam packed with great products that our customers love...and so do we! Our mission is to offer customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality.
The Works is one of the UK's leading multi-channel specialist retailers of value gifts, arts, crafts, toys, books and stationery. We are a high street retailer that bucks the trend, constantly growing and opening new stores at an amazing rate.
We sell high-quality, great value products in four specialist categories, primarily through our network of over 500 stores in the UK & Ireland. We also have a significant and growing online presence that enables customers to shop any time of the day and an extended range of products that are not available in our stores. Our multi-channel offering, one of the first of its kind in the value retail sector, includes our popular Click & Collect service, offering further convenience for our customers.