About the team:
The Branch Network prides itself with being the brand representative on the high street. Our 6 branches and 3 agencies are advocates for providing a superior customer experience and to support our customers to achieve their savings goals.About us:
OSB Group is a leading specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on carefully selected segments of the mortgage market. Our specialist lending is supported by our Kent Reliance and Charter Savings Bank retail savings franchises. Diversification of funding is provided by sophisticated securitisation platforms. OSB's unique cost-efficient operating model is supported by our wholly-owned subsidiary OSBIndia.What you will be doing:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to deliver a consistently high standard of customer service whilst completing banking transactions as requested by our customers at our Branch Network.
As the Roving Customer Service Assistant, the base branch is Gravesend
but you'll be working on a flexible location basis to cover the other branches across the network which include: Maidstone, Chatham, Strood, Gravesend and Canterbury.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building rapports face to face with our customers in a busy branch environment
- Accurately processing transactions relating to:
- Bereavements/ Power of Attorney
- BACS / CHAPS payments withdrawals
Hours of work:
- Handling large sums of cash
- Opening new savings accounts
- Carrying out the daily banking within the branch
- Overseeing the G4S collections and deliveries
Please note the hours for the position total 35 on a weekly basis therefore for Saturday's worked, you receive time back in lieu.In return for your commitment:
- Monday to Friday from 0900 - 1700 hours
- Saturday (two a month) from 0900 - 12:30 hours
We offer a base salary dependent on experience from £17,000 and a competitive benefits package including:
Could you be the one?
- Discretionary annual bonus opportunity of up to 12.5%
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension (8% employer 5% employee)
- Life Assurance (4x salary) plus Group Income Protection
- Access to Private Medical Insurance and Medical Cash Plan
- Additional benefits such as, Cycle Purchase scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Holiday purchase / sell schemes, Employee Perk Portals and Save as you Earn scheme.
- Prioritising your well-being! (Our CEO encourages us to schedule down time to break up each working day and also initiated meeting-free Friday afternoons!)
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience/knowledge and qualifications set out below:
- Previous experience in a customer facing environment
- Experience handling large sums of cash
- GCSE's or equivalent in Maths and English
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves.What to do next
If this sounds like you, please apply now!
Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal and confidential chat about this role please contact us on
If shortlisted from your initial application we operate a personalised recruitment process. Interviews are a two way street, we aim for them to be relevant and conversational to get the best out of you!
OSB Group are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and committed to treating all our employees and job applicants equally. We embrace equal opportunities and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
As part of our public commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, we have introduced our own initiatives to attract, develop and advance senior women in our sector. We don't stop there though, we have broadened our approach to encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels and in all roles. Our leadership and Executive Committee are right behind us, to the extent that our Diversity Champions sit at Board level and on a monthly basis receive updates on our progress.
Whilst we are an organisation that values face-to-face interaction and relationship building, we also acknowledge that people are not just productive in an office and tied to the 9 to 5. T he vast majority of roles throughout the Group fall within scope of our Hybrid Working approach, which aims to provide ongoing flexibility and support in terms of work:life balance. Our approach provides opportunity for individuals to informally agree with their Line Manager how they split their working week between their primary office location and home.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.