Job title: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Peterborough Area
Salary: £60K plus 15% annual bonus (plus benefits package)
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and global leader of manufacturing state of the art technologies for multiple applications such as Automotive, Beverage, Food & Pharmaceutical for example. Our corevalues
We empower creativity and unconventional thinking to help us uncover breakthrough solutions and accelerate the pace of innovation. We believe with conviction that diversity helps us uncover more powerful customer insights and ultimately creates a competitive advantage in the markets we serve.
And we would love to have you on this journey with us!TheMechanical EngineeringManageris an outstandingopportunity to:
Lead the Mechanical team in all aspects of personal and product development. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Manager to manage and develop the team, both technically and professionally.
In this role, the Mechanical Engineering Manager will work across the business to develop and maintain the next generation of machines. Working with the Senior Hardware Engineering Manager, this is a great opportunity to use your industrial design experience, win with a great team and build relationships across the diverse Engineering departments. This includes daily interactions with R&D Director, Electronics team, Program managers and Manufacturing engineers.Your responsibilities as aMechanical Engineer Manager,include:
We are looking for a professional who is:
- Managing and motivating the mechanical team, implementing and driving critical thinking, demonstrating and developing technical competence with speed.
- Responsible for the accelerated product development of new products using industrial design, incorporating mass production techniques using plastic mouldings, sheet metal work and designs for ease of production assembly. These robust systems include integration with complex mechanical, electronics and fluid systems to meet our customers' high expectations.
- Meeting agreed project key performance indicators, ensuring alignment to processes including design reviews, product verification and validation programs.
- Working across departments from a mechanical perspective, developing rapport and engagement, whilst meeting agreed outcomes including quality, performance, time to market, sustainment and overall product cost.
- Continuously improves systems and processes across the business in conjunction with the wider team, developing new technologies and standard toolsets (CAD, PDM, FEA etc) to help reduce design time, right first time, whilst also bringing new insights and engagement to the business.
- Technical specialist on all mechanical engineering matters, including appreciation of the regulatory requirements for machine safety in a global market, whilst ensuring and maintaining a professional and safe working environment.
- Motivated, upbeat and continually seeks to improve personal and team performance.
- Curious, with a genuine interest in engineering with an inquiring mind that enjoys pro-actively tackling and solving problems.
- Self-disciplined to execute standard processes covering design, review, verification, and risk management.
- A great hands-on leader, that motivates their team to follow because of their leadership style and maintains consistently high standards and unwavering ethics.
- Creative with a good balance of risk, priority management, cadence and pace.
- Collaborative individual able to work with different people, companies, and processes.
- Honours Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Automotive Engineering or time-served experience in a relevant industry
- Working in and leading a multidisciplinary design team to develop industrial components and products, incorporating electronics and software within the Engineering department of a commercial company.
- Detailed knowledge on topics including mechanical engineering from first principles, sophisticated system integration, analytical skills, and problem-solving ability.
- Design of products using CAE tools, integrating solid, fluid and thermo mechanics, electronics, and software.
- Experienced in SolidWorks, Creo, with additional use of Adobe Illustrator and Windchill a distinct advantage.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!