Our client, a global software solutions company, are recruiting for a Software Implementation Assistant to join their UK office in Watford.
You will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of software to both new and existing clients, working closely with developers, project managers and accounts managers.
With a fantastic salary and earning potential, great benefits and opportunity to work for a hugely successful and interesting global company, this is an excellent opportunity to progress career!What's in it for you?
- Salary: Up to £35k depending on experience
- 22 days holiday plus 1 additional day per year of service (up to 25 days)
- Regular social events
What the employer is looking for:
- Working closely with developers, project managers and account managers to coordinate the implementation of software to both existing and new clients of
- To work with existing clients to continually ensure they are getting the best from the system and work with them to implement changes or new features
- To coordinate all aspects of the project from requirements through to project close and to provide reports and progress updates to all stakeholders
- To provide training to customers on how to use the software in line with their needs and supporting user guides or training videos
- Ability to understand, interpret and document customer requirements for approval including creating screen mock-ups
- Provide support and assistance to team members including account managers, sales, and development to work collaboratively to achieve results
- Presales support to the Sales Team
- UK and International Travel to client sites
- Ideally 1 years' experience in software implementation/customer success management
- Demonstrable experience in being a 'super user' of a software package
- Previous experience of training customers in software applications
- Ideally with qualifications in Prince2, APM or Agile project management
- A track record in creating and maintaining business process documentation (e.g. project reports/ training material)
- Dynamic, engaging and hardworking
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Strong ability to self-manage and work on multiple projects at any one time
- Available and open to both domestic and international travel
8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday - hybrid working between home working and office, flexible to suit.
Red Door Recruitment is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Full details available on our website.
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.