*Please only apply if you have worked in an accountancy practice before or are an experienced cloud bookkeeper who is looking to work in an accountancy practice. AAT qualification would be ideal for this role however also interested in qualified by experience too.
The firm is a new, small family run business looking to expand its client base and offer clients first class service.
The role will be based in Brentwood, Essex where the office is. There is flexibility around working from home/ office/ clients sites.
Key duties will include
- Responsilibity for several main clients including communication, bookkeeping (Xero/Sage/Quickbooks), VAT returns, preparing quarterly reports, preparing Trial Balance ready for accounts.
- Managing your own tasks and to do list in a timely manner.
- Preparing records through to trial balance so the accounts can be prepared by an accountant.
- Experience of putting together working papers would be ideal however being open to learning this is equally valued.
- Clear communicator who is confident and professional and able to drive to attend client sites.
- Experience of managing supplier payment reports.
Generally speaking the role is to assist the accountant keep client records up to date in cloud accounting systems. Most clients provide one off or quarterly records therefore its important to be able to prepre bank reconciliations from scratch right through to Trial balance including wages reconciliations and other key balance sheet reconciliations.
This role is working for a flexible growing business who value individuals who work hard and continue to build respectful working relationships with our clients.
- Professional working relationships with clients
- Clear communication at all times
- Never overpromise and always over deliver
- Family first
The role may be considered for part time or full time depending on the candidate.