Senior Service Manager - UK Home Office - Permanent - Flexible Working - Excellent Benefits - 27.1% Pension Senior Service Manager
Are you experienced in Service Management? The Home Office are looking for multiple Senior Service Managers to each demonstrate their expertise and lead in a fast-paced environment.
The Home Office are looking for talented individuals who can hit the ground running, taking responsibility for liaising with a range of stakeholders, assuring delivery of services and effectively influencing change within one of the largest government organisations.The role
As Senior Service Manager
, you will have a strong background and level of experience in IT Service Management, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be proactive and adaptable. Using your strong knowledge and expertise of Service Management, you will effectively influence change within one of the largest government organisations.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the customer receives the highest level of service from the Enterprise Services teams and managed suppliers.A successful Senior Service Manager will have the following skills or strong experience in:
- Understanding Service Management and agile methodologies and models.
- Using your understanding of the different communication channels and formats to effectively engage with various audiences, adapting your approach where required.
- Understanding how your current work fits into broader Enterprise Services contexts and strategies so that deeper underlying problems and opportunities can be identified.
Desirable skills and experience include
- Using commercial agreements to manage suppliers and ensure that we get the most out of the contract in order to deliver value.
- Ensuring actual costs of running a service are within budget, highlighting any financial risk due to overspend or opportunities due to underspend.
- Working in an Agile project delivery environment
- Driving continual service improvements through the measurement and challenge of services and processes, tools and capability
- Managing suppliers to SLAs where they are in place
- Working independently and being self-motivated and organised
- Leading and directing teams to enable the day-to-day delivery of products/services
What's on offer
- Understanding of a Product-centric delivery model
As an employer of choice, the Home Office offers an extensive benefits package including:
- A competitive salary, Croydon: £41,950 - £46,144, Manchester: £37,450 - £41,193
Candidates that provide an exceptional demonstration of the necessary skills and experience may be subject to receiving a Recruitment & Retention Allowance of up to £6,250.
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 10 year's service in the Home Office) plus 8 bank holidays and 1 additional day for the Queen's Birthday
- Outstanding pension scheme (27.1%)
- Hybrid and flexible working to support a healthy work life balance
*The usual T&Cs apply for existing civil servants. Please note that new entrants to the Civil Service will be appointed at the pay scale minimum for that grade.
Please note, this application would be an expression of interest, a formal application will need to be submitted via civil service jobs by 10th October. Further instructions will be provided once Hays have reviewed your suitability for the role.?
Hays Specialist Recruitment has been appointed as the recruitment partner for the Home Office.