English Teaching Assistant
Are you a recent English graduate and aspiring teacher looking to gain school experience?
Tradewind are currently working with an outstanding Catholic school in Hackney with their need for a passionate English supporting TA. Ideally this candidate will have a English focussed degree or be able to demonstrate a strong English background. Library workers will also be considered.
You will required to support KS3 pupils with mild learning difficulties on a 1:1 and small group basis with reading and writing. You will be working within the mainstream classroom and also small groups in the library area.
The role is to start ASAP and will be offered on a one year contract.
Your daily rate of pay will be £80-85 per day with training provided by the school with previous TAs being put through their teacher training after the first year. The school is walking distance from Hackney station.
Key facts about the school:
We are a small, four form entry school, with 750 students, which means:
- we do know every individual
- relationships between staff and students are built with ease in a supportive environment
- discipline can be maintained as all students are known and valued
- classrooms can be creative, 'risk taking' environments for effective teachers
We were very fortunate to be part of the Building Schools for the Future programme, which means we:
- work in a light and spacious building
- have well designed, modern classrooms
- have a school chapel, 6 purpose built science labs, drama and dance studios, sports hall and outdoor multi-games area, and much more!
We have an Ofsted rating of Good and are working to gain an Outstanding, which means we:
- are not complacent and are always developing and growing
- have high expectations in everything: standards of uniform and behaviour, levels of support and nurture, and quality of teaching and learning
- have a sound basis on which to move to outstanding
We are an all-girls Catholic school (with a mixed Sixth Form) which means we:
- are a faith community
- have a strong and tangible sense of unity and community
- have an explicit moral purpose to our work
To join us and be successful in this English Teaching Assistant role you will need to provide the following:
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Have an English focused degree
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
- Provide 2 references
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as English Teaching Assistant role in Newham, Greater London. Or for more information about the role, contact Cherie Kelly on /
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.