Payroll AssistantFull-time and Permanent£22,000 - £25,000York
We are currently supporting a reputable organisation in York who are looking for a Payroll Assistant to join their team.
This is a full-time, permanent position offering a salary between £22,000 - £25,000. You will be based out of the stylish offices in York.
Our client is looking for someone who can delivery timely and accurate payroll in a fast-paced environment. You must know how payroll works in theory. Training can be given on the payroll system; however, this organisation uses Core HR and Access.
- Prepare and process weekly and monthly payroll
- Undertake manual calculation of statutory deductions as required, including tax and NI
- Ensure all payroll data is entered accurately and timely
- Assist with the continued development of the internal payroll system, ensuring continued process improvements
- Keep up to date on company policies and legislation in relation to payroll
- Deliver reports and MI to enable accurate analysis
- First point of contact for anyone with payroll queries
- Provide support to the rest of the payroll and HR team when required
- Strong understanding and experience in payroll
- Knowledge of HMRC, tax, NI, expenses, etc
- Experience of producing financial reports
- Experience of using payroll systems
- High accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Payroll qualification