Talk for Health Programme and Systems Manager - starting salary £30,000
Talk for Health is a small and growing mental health social enterprise. We teach community members the skills of therapeutic talk and empower them to lead and/or participate in a network of ongoing groups. This approach is innovative, and as effective as therapy. It runs in Islington and Camden, funded by the NHS and grant-makers.
As our Programme and Systems Manager, you will be paramount in successful delivery of Talk for Health programmes, and our in-house 'tech witch/wizard', ensuring our IT systems are upgraded, accessible and efficient.
The key elements of your role are:
- Project-manage delivery of Talk for Health programmes, funded by commissioners and grant funders, ensuring they run smoothly
- Analyse the organisation's technology needs and recommend upgrades, and implement new software and technologies, maintaining control over budget and deadlines.
You will be a make-it-happen person with self-discipline and high standards, who can make sure others get things done to high standards too. You will be a key member of a warm and committed team, and receive plentiful learning and development opportunities as well as a staff wellbeing allowance.
The role is 5 days a week 9.00 - 5.30 pm plus occasional evenings and Saturdays with time off in lieu. You will work both from NW3 at our home-based office and from home as needed. Currently we are working remotely/virtually due to COVID. You will also need to travel to Islington and Camden, our main areas of operation, regularly during the week.
The role is demanding, and we need someone with determination, resilience, and a can-do attitude. At the same time the role will be hugely rewarding for the right person, giving you the satisfaction of making a key contribution to an important cause and a purpose-driven organization that delivers for its users.Job Description:
You will manage a) our technology systems and b) delivery of commissioned or grant-funded Talk for Health Programmes. This includes:
Experience and skills required
- Plan, manage and effectively promote a programme of Talk for Health training, events and ongoing groups ensuring we meet targets, deadlines, and budgets. Our service is online during the pandemic, but much of it will return to in person.
- Analyse our IT systems and evaluate/manage roll-out of new solutions. This includes improving our data collection
- Provide IT training and support sessions to continuously upskill the team in use of new technology solutions.
- Marketing and communications including effective face to face engagement with funders/commissioners/referrers and digital work e.g. oversee and develop comms on our website, e-newsletters, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, flyers and posters
- Participant and client management: liaise with both funders, commissioners, clients of our programmes and with participants.
- Attend and sometimes host events: this can include 1 or 2 evenings per month and the occasional Saturday.
- Build and maintain good relations with stakeholders such as NHS contract managers; community referrers; host venues; corporates; guest speakers
- Service evaluation, reporting and data analysis: manage stringent collection and protection of service user data, to track our social impact and produce reports
- Document daily tasks
- Graduate/Masters level education - or the equivalent in experience
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a fast-paced, IT-sophisticated working environment. Ideally, some in a commercial setting and some in a VCSE setting
- Demonstrated competence in leading and implementing projects from initial briefing to execution and evaluation, meeting tight deadlines and budgets. Desirably, this would include experience in event management or organising trainings
- Expertise in business information technology so you can find and implement technology, software and products that enhance our productivity
- Excellent general IT skills (e.g. with Microsoft 365, Wordpress, CRMs, project management software, and platforms such as Mailchimp and Eventbrite)
- Strong influencing and leadership skills: able to motivate and manage others - whether our team, our clients and funders, our partners, our providers or volunteers
- Strong attention to detail in administrative tasks (no task is too small or too big for you)
- Ability to deal with confidential issues in a professional and sensitive manner
- Data analysis: ability to understand, analyse and produce data from multiple sources, to draw out and communicate key insights and conclusions
- Ability to produce and manage marketing and social media campaigns; write and edit marketing copy
- Experience dealing with people from all walks of life, from senior professionals to those in distress