Due to continued growth within our Legal & Governance team at Mary's Meals International, we are delighted to be recruiting for a skilled Legal Assistant to join our team and help us provide a great level of service across the Mary's Meals movement. This role will involve working largely autonomously and providing support on a broad range of legal work, including commercial contracts, due diligence, data protection, employment law, regulatory risk & compliance and knowledge management. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where no day will ever be the same.
Mary's Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal - that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 1.8 million children who today will receive Mary's Meals. We offer more than just a job; we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on professional and personal development.
Reporting to our Head of Legal & Governance, with a dotted line to the Legal & Policy Manager, you will bring an efficient and organised approach to your varied workload. Key duties include
- Support the Legal & Governance team in setting up and registering new Mary's Meals entities, including identifying the best fit legal form and identifying and instructing local external counsel.
- Work with the In-house Legal Administrator and external legal advisors to manage a growing global trademark portfolio.
- Work with the In-house Legal Administrator in developing and maintaining knowledge databases, files and records, documenting the MMI approach to a variety of legal issues.
- Deliver a quality service to all MMI, National Affiliate and Programme Affiliate members of staff, volunteers and Board members globally.
- Advise as necessary on all types of commercial contracts, including the negotiation, review and drafting of all commercial contracts entered into by MMI with assistance from the wider team as necessary
With excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work on your own initiative, you will be a confident problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, varied role. Our ideal candidate will bring
- A law degree and completed legal traineeship or at least 2 years' experience of working in a private practice law firm or in-house legal team as a paralegal or legal assistant.
- The skills to operate effectively in a network model and within a culturally diverse context.
- A proven ability to take a pro-active and innovative approach to solving legal problems, with a strong orientation towards the needs of the Mary's Meals organisation.
- A 'hands on' practical attitude to work.
- Good demonstrable understanding of the charity sector.
Mary's Meals is a values driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, Mary's Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.
If you want to become part of a worldwide movement of people who will not accept that any child in this world of plenty should endure a day without a meal, then we would love to hear from you. To apply please click Apply, include your CV and covering letter or email, sharing with us why you would make a fantastic Legal Assistant here at Mary's Meals International.
Applicant Privacy Statement
Legal Assistant JD