Home Instead is the world's leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.Job DescriptionJob descriptionWhat Makes Us Different?Your Work
- Each call is 1 hour minimum - you are not rushed and can provide high quality care
- 15 minutes allocated travel time outside of your visit time - you can get to your calls on time
- We care for the whole person - you get to do the kinder things, not just Personal Care
- Your calls will all be local to you -
- your clients will be within an agreed travelling distance from your home; we won't expect you to travel out of your area
- On Call staff available - to support you with advice, guidance or help in a crisis
- CAREGiver Council - to give you a voice
- No Uniform - so it feels more personal
What We Offer
- We are CQC Outstanding & award winning - only 2% of home care providers are rated Outstanding.
- 1:6 office to CAREGiver ratio - Higher than any other local provider. There is always someone available to help you
- Quality Improvement Team - including CAREGiver and office team to continuously improve our service
- People thrive with us - amazing success stories from all backgrounds, including retail, hospitality, care homes, customer service, health and beauty and secretarial roles.
- We are family owned - stable and friendly
- We are highly recommended - 100% of clients said they would recommend us and we are a WorkBuzz 5* rated employer
- 50% of office team have been promoted internally - they understand your role, and there is room for your own progression
What We Need From You
- 8AM - 8PM - £10.50/hr (£11.76/hr including Holiday Pay)
- 8PM - 8AM AND Weekends - £11.50/hr (£12.88 including Holiday Pay)
- Double time on Bank Holidays PLUS time off in lieu
- 25p per mile business mileage
- 45p per mile on behalf of the client
- Enhanced DBS Reimbursed
- Fully funded City and Guilds and VRQ training options, and tailored personal development plans
- Blue Light Card eligibility - get discounts with popular retailers (such as River Island, New Look, Morrisons) attractions (such as Thorpe Park and Alton Towers) and much more
- Home Instead Discount Scheme - further store discounts and access to an optional Health Cash Plan
- Permanent contract of employment. Guaranteed hours contracts available
- Negotiable work patterns to suit lifestyle needs. Our core hours for your reference are 08:00-14:00 and 16:30-21:15
- Real progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme - confidential help to promote your well-being
- To care for our clients the way you would care for your parents, grandparents or friends.
- To demonstrate that care is more than a job for you.
- To be committed to your availability, including alternate weekends on both the Saturday and the Sunday
- To be a driver and have access to a car/vehicle
- Candidates welcome from all backgrounds - hospitality, retail, cleaners, customer service, office backgrounds, care homes, domiciliary care, health and beauty
We do not require any prior qualifications. What we look for is a genuine willingness and desire to look after people with dignity, respect, and high standards. We can train the rest!
Maybe you already work as a healthcare assistant or within a Care Home? Perhaps you are new to care and are working in retail, hospitality, cleaning etc. and are looking for a more fulfilling role? Are you seeking more time with your clients and the recognition you deserve? Please send us your details as we would love to chat with you about your experience and joining our amazing team.
Part-time hours: 15-35 per week