required to assist with ensuring the delivery teams have a clear path to live through our environment eco-system and to monitor and maintain quality of the code to be released. The role holds the responsibility for all non-production and production environments in the customer domain.
You will liaise with technical and client teams internal and external to ensure the environments contain the right application builds, configuration and test data to ensure successful delivery, and will monitor incoming changes to ensure they adhere to best practices and proactively flag issues or quality gaps and refer to the right teams to rectify.
The role holder must be a proactive coordinator and tech-savvy individual.On a day-to-day basis this role will involve
- Manage and own the environments strategy and plan to meet the demands of the delivery projects.
- Manage and oversee the release management life cycle for enterprise platforms inclusive of Mobile Apps including scheduling, coordination and management of releases.
- Liaising with business analysts, product owners and client representatives to ensure release requirements are well defined, scoped and scheduled
- Liaising with technology teams to review technical impact and resourcing requirements for releases, upgrades, migrations and BAU change
- Proactively monitor incoming changes to a release to ensure that they are sound and of good quality, liaising with the technical team where rectification is needed
- Ownership of the process for tracking updates, upgrades and changes across the pipeline whilst maintaining change logs for the development and business teams
- Act as release guardian ensuring release impediments are resolved to keep releases on track
- Build and maintain relationships with delivery managers and scrum masters to drive issue resolution
- Own release runbooks, implementation and post deployment stabilisation activities
- Ensure there is efficient use of available environments (reuse or decommission of environment when testing is complete)
- Own the environments configuration strategy and its data ensuring they are maintained, refreshed and recycled including access control and deployment of software builds for testing (bespoke software and 3rd party software)
- Ensure monitoring of environment usage is conducted across all non-production environments
- Engage and support project delivery teams for post release activities.
- Document environments and underlying components to appropriate standards including integration points
- Support continuous improvement initiatives (keep abreast of industry trends, implement best practice, evaluate new tools and techniques, automate processes, and upgrade underlying technologies)
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!We need you to be really great at
- Experience in managing a suite of environments across multiple platforms
- Commercial experience with AWS & CI/CD
- Experience of managing multiple vendors so that the timely provision of environments and delivery of change is assured
- Experience of environment management and associated tools, methodologies and approaches
- Experience in co-ordinating and delivering changes across multiple tools and technologies
- Experience of IT architecture and infrastructure
- Ability to produce Environment strategy and environment plans
- Ability to validate the plans provided by Technical teams to ensure they are right for the delivery and maintenance of environments
- Ability to diagnose environmental issues and identify the right team and actions for resolution
- Experience with delivering change utilising both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies
- Ability to be pro-active in identifying risks and suggesting / influencing mitigation steps
- Ability to involve and influence the right people to reach agreements across Technology and Business teams
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Pro-active management of the release pipeline
- Formulate releases and drive through an environment
- Manage the release strategy that promotes safe, fast and repeatable change
- Monitoring incoming changes to a release to ensure they are of good quality
- Client management and engagement
- Excellent communication
- Strong time and plan management skills
- Ability to work with Technical teams and disseminate information to different levels within the Business
- Experience of Cloud computing
- Achieving orchestrated releases for both waterfall and agile delivery methods
- Ability to work calmly and diligently under pressure
- Ability to bridge priorities between offshore and onshore teams
- Experience managing teams and in dealing with conflict
is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.How?
By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce sites and experiences in the world.