The role: Account Manager in corporate communications: a mid-weight progressive role at the heart of our fast-developing communications business
Design Portfolio is seeking an enthusiastic and bright-minded person to help spearhead our approach to integrated communication, you will have a can-do attitude, a strong focus on customer service and an excellent attention to detail.Main responsibilities
As one of the main points of contact for our clients, the Account Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth production of primarily corporate reporting and sustainability projects - from briefing designers, strategists/consultants and copywriters, to managing budgets and, where applicable, working with the Account Director/Account Executive on the project.
Your main responsibilities would be to:
- Take primary responsibility for the management of relationships with clients and liaising with client contacts at a senior level on a day-to-day basis (either alongside an Account Director or as main point of contact where the budget/project doesn't allow/warrant an Account Director). As one of the main points of contact for clients, the Account Manager also co-ordinates the resources needed to service projects and balances the expectations of clients with the execution of each project.
- Lead a team to provide the utmost level of client service.
- Understand and manage effectively the print, digital and production process and approvals internally and externally, including: proofing, and liaising with the sustainability, print, digital and mailing teams.
- Identify opportunities to grow our corporate communications partnerships with our clients.
- Help co-ordinate the team to push clients creatively and strategically.
- Work with the pitch team with research and preparing for, and on occasion attending, pitches for prospective clients.
- Create timetables and then monitoring and updating key milestones, as necessary, to ensure projects are completed within the agreed and required timeframes with the required level of resourcing.
- Take an overview and manage the project budget, including management of time allocation and monitoring of project specification to ensure the project remains within the initial scope, and that any specification changes are charged for accordingly.
- Plan the production for your team within the production calendars providing updates to relevant departments.
- Prepare weekly agenda and report to senior management at weekly production meetings.
- Oversee all design and content changes to projects to ensure accuracy, consistency and quality at all stages.
- Checking in client amends throughout the proofing process.
- Support, guide and respond to clients throughout the project.
For this role, we are looking for a candidate who:
- has a university degree (English, business or media related) or have relevant experience;
- has experience of working in a corporate communications agency in a similar role;
- has strong interpersonal and communication skills, and is committed to the importance of client/customer relationships;
- is able to deal with client contacts at C Suite level;
- has a can-do attitude, is organised and is a highly proactive administrator;
- has an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- is familiar with using a management information system to cost, plan and track projects;
- has excellent attention to detail; and
- is able to work from home in light of current lockdown rules.
Being a valued member of the client services team at Design Portfolio provides lots of opportunities for progression. The client services team has a structured hierarchy that sees people progress from account executive, to senior account executive, to account manager, to senior account manager to account director.
In addition to the typical client services career path, the path towards a more integrated offer will also provide additional opportunities for progression as we see it as vital to the growth of the company.Benefits
This role is open to candidates seeking either a contract or permanent position. Our contracted office hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm but if workloads and team commitments allow, employees can work from 8:30am - 5:00pm. This contract is based on a 37.5 hours per week.
- Training and mentoring programme
- 31.5 days' annual holiday entitlement - includes birthday day off, 2 days (16 hours) of personal time, Christmas office shutdown plus all bank holidays
- Charity day incentive
- Workplace pension scheme
- Annual eye test
- Agile working
- Regular company updates
- Profit share scheme*
- Private health cover*
- Free income protection*
- Perkbox freebies and discounts*
- Subsidised health and wellbeing membership*
* Benefits eligible after 6-month probationary period.To apply
To apply for this role, please provide your CV with an indication of your salary expectations.
Please note in providing your CV to Design Portfolio you are agreeing to your personal information being kept on file by Design Portfolio for a period of up to two months before being deleted from our systems, unless you ask us to retain it for a longer period of time or the recruitment process continues beyond this period of time. Your personal information is important to us and will be kept within a secure environment.