Assistant Financial Accountant
A little about us...
MISSION is a collective of Creative and MarTech Agencies led by entrepreneurs who encourage an independent spirit. Employing 1,000 people across 27 locations and 3 continents, the Group successfully combines its diverse expertise to produce Work That CountsTM for our Clients, whatever their ambitions. Creating real standout, sharing real innovation and delivering real growth for some of the world's biggest brands. www.themission.co.uk
Our shared services team consists of Finance, IT and HR provide support across the 15 Agencies within in the Group.
About the role...
The Accounting Services Team is currently made up of 30 staff covering all aspects of finance, from day-to-day accounting to the preparation of group submissions and dealing with new acquisitions and their integration into the Group. The team provides financial services to 20 Mission subsidiaries across the UK as well as Agencies in USA, Singapore and Germany.
Responsibilities of the role include:
· Producing monthly management accounts for various group companies within Group timetable, in local currency and GBP, including calculating prepayments, WIP and accruals
· Analysis of monthly accounts and investigation of variances including nominal reconciliations
· Reviewing, analysing and checking foreign exchange accounting entries
· Preparation of cashflow forecasts
· Maintaining good working relationships with the Agency's senior management teams and liaise regularly with them as required
· Reviewing profitability reports with senior management teams to ensure all income has been recorded and that costs are accurate and in line with expectations
· VAT returns and equivalent submissions for overseas subsidiaries.
· Preparation of annual accounts
· Preparation and submission of State and Federal statutory returns for US subsidiary
· Assisting with the preparation of data for the external audit
This opportunity will suit a part qualified ACCA/ICAEW/CIMA accountant with strong excel skills. Someone who is looking for a new challenge. Have effective communication skills including the ability to present and discuss financial information to senior stake holders as well as the ability to judge and manage priorities effectively and work to tight timescales. On occasion, be flexible in terms of working hours in order to service all of our global locations.
And in return...
· 25 days' holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years' service (+ Bank holidays)
· Company pension scheme
· Medical cash plan - including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
· Health and wellbeing programme
· Childcare vouchers
· Regular staff social events
· Company Christmas closure
· Cycle to work scheme