In-House Tax Manager - Financial ServicesSurrey/London - happy to talk remote working£80,000 - £90,000 + 20% bonus, benefits & flexibility
A widely known financial services business is seeking an In-House Tax Manager to manage a breadth of tax compliance and advisory matters for the group. Reporting directly to senior finance stakeholders, this position sits within a small and collaborative tax team, integrated closely with the wider finance function.
The successful candidate's immediate role will be split across corporate, international and indirect taxes (including governance & reporting) - necessitating an all-rounded business partner. All compliance is outsourced to the Big 4, leaving oversight and advisory-focused responsibilities with an international (UK, Europe & US) remit.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Calculation and management of corporation tax quarterly instalment payments, CIR and related tax debt obligations.
- Management and optimisation of R&D credits and capital allowance tax deductions.
- Oversight of (UK) VAT returns and compliance requirements. Embedding a new PESM.
- Management of routine tax reporting, covering both current & deferred taxes. Lead the cash tax forecasting process.
- Manage the Group's relationship with HMRC on all tax matters, including coordinating SAO.
- Support on tax aspects of the Group's expansion overseas.
- Working closely with the International Tax Manager on matters such as managing TP arrangements, reducing tax risk (UK and group-wide).
- Acting as the in-house SME on all taxes, partnering with financial and commercial stakeholders to support decision making.
- Leading on tax affairs related to the upcoming IPO/sale, including vendor due diligence.
- More generally, decrease dependency on outsourced advisory spend and develop initiatives to reduce cash taxes paid.
This makes a wonderful opportunity for the experienced Tax Manager who is looking to take their in-house career to the next level with senior exposure, autonomy and ownership of tax projects.
What the successful candidate will demonstrate:·
Broad corporate tax background·
Wider exposure to indirect taxes·
Experience with tax accounting/reporting·
Experience dealing with tax authorities·
Experience operating at a managerial level
Some of the following would be an additional bonus:·
International tax advisory/transfer pricing experience·
Prior in-house experience with visibility of end-to-end processes·
Prior experience within the financial services
Are you perhaps interested to apply, but don't have a CV together? Feel free to drop me a confidential message to learn more about this opportunity.