Technical Financial Accountant £60,000 - £70,000
My client, a Global Media Agency is looking for a Technical Financial Accountant to join their growing business. You will sit within the finance function where you will be producing statutory accounts alongside supporting ongoing financial projects.
As a Technical Financial Accountant you be responsible for providing expert technical accounting advice and guidance, including implementation of new changes, requirements and improvements related to IFRS and Companies House laws & regulations.
· Assist the production of monthly group accounts and consolidated group annual report
· Assist with interpretation and implementation of new regulatory and reporting standards and amendments
· Assist with the review of new business transactions to provide technical and operational accounting advice to support Financial Reporting teams
· Liaise with cross-functional teams and prepare accounting policies in line with latest effective IFRS pronouncements and fast-paced business changes and initiatives
· Lead on preparation of technical accounting policy papers
· Liaise with external audit team to walk them through new complex accounting policies and revisions thereof to obtain auditor acceptance of the proposed interpretation and accounting treatments
· Provide post-implementation support and training to Finance colleagues and business contacts, as necessary
· Oversee the statutory reporting and group reporting templates to ensure they are up to date
· Work closely with the business to ensure that changes in accounting policies are implemented properly
· Work closely with group Finance teams (UK, US and Australia) to provide support with IFRS-based technical accounting policy interpretation and application
Candidates will be ACCA or ACA Qualified Accountant with previous experience in Financial Accounting.