Summary of the role:
Responsibility for overseeing all AP/AR activity for The Ministry and Jai Dog Rescue charity.Key Responsibilities:
Skills and competencies required:
- Responsibility for bookkeeping and processing all invoice postings onto the finance system
- Responsible for processing purchase invoices, scanning and matching to Purchase Orders
- Policing the purchase order process
- Supplier statement reconciliations, requesting copy invoices when required
- Responsible for processing company-wide weekly payment runs and ad-hoc payments
- Liaisons with multiple departments to ensure all purchase invoices have valid purchase orders/ goods received notes
- Maintaining robust record keep procedures with a continuous improvement focus
- Staff expense processing
- Contacting clients by telephone, email and post to ensure invoices are paid within agreed company credit terms
- Safe counts
- Chasing and collecting unpaid invoices
- Ensure prompt and accurate monthly sales ledger closing and reconciliations
- Weekly reporting to key business personnel to highlight departments' unpaid debts
- Bank reconciliations
- Supervision of the sales ledger, processing invoices, credits and contras
- Responsibility for accounts escalated to legal status, liaising with solicitors
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-starter who can thrive in an environment where they need to take the initiative or take instruction from their colleagues
- Ability to prioritise work load and cope with often changing tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes pride in running a tight ship with the ability to demonstrate authority
- Microsoft Business Central experience an advantage
- Charity experience an advantage
The Ministry is a beautifully designed shared workspace for the creative industries, situated in a Victorian printworks London, SE1. We've created an environment for artistic and original thinkers to thrive and collaborate in a buzzing and vibrant community. The facilities include two social floors with a café, bar, sound studio and cinema, sitting beneath four floors of co-working offices, meeting rooms and desk space. In addition, we provide our members with a curated events programme, business advice, support and networking opportunities.
At The Ministry, we are proud to be one essential part of Ministry of Sound Group, a multi-million pound, multi-business organisation. Ministry of Sound Group also parents Jai Dog Rescue, a dog charity based in Thailand.
We offer our employees free entry to the Ministry of Sound nightclub, discounted and free food at The Ministry, free use of the gym, and a dog-friendly office among other perks.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for interview will be contacted.