External DescriptionDescription - External
Arconic is currently in search of Finance and HR Assistant
to join our Business Unit/Team
At Arconic, we are looking for people who share our values of integrity, inclusion, and diversity, and who demonstrate agility, results commitment, and the capability to grow themselves and others. In return, we offer the opportunity to Grow Together with ongoing opportunities for professional growth provided by a constantly changing environment, working alongside employees who value the people they work with just as much as the work they do.JOB DESCRIPTIONPrimary Purpose of the role:
To support and assist both the Management and Financial Accountant 60% of time and support the HR Function 40% of time. This is a 12 month placement to cover maternity leave.Finance Key Activities and Responsibilities include:
HR Key Activities and Responsibilities include:
- Discount letter issue & set-up within Oracle
- Production of Daily Order Intake report
- Production of Daily OPI report
- Inventory cost roll-ups within Oracle
- Inventory Daily Monitoring & weekly reporting
- Cycle Count monitoring and authorisation
- Weekly WIP job close within Oracle
- Weekly Metrics board preparation & display
- Assist with overhead analysis
- Potential to support Management Accountant on assessing project margins
- Assist with production of daily gross margin report
- Knowledge of Imports/Exports would be advantageous
- To assist in annual stock take
- Stock takes
- Balance sheet reconciliations
Major activities/ key accountabilities
- HR administration support - managing the starter and leaver process: prepare offer letters, contract of employment, reference requests.
- Maintenance of personnel files
- Maintenance of HR system and recruitment system
- Preparation of weekly payroll
Qualifications - ExternalKnowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
- Main point of contact for the sales team & CSRs for discount letter issue and set-up
- Ensure inventories are reconciled to the Trial Balance on a daily basis
- Daily reporting as required by the Management Accountant
- Assist Management Accountant with overhead analysis when required
- Provide inventory analysis support when required
- Experience in working in an Finance / Accounts department minimum 2 years
- Minimum grade C in Mathematics and C in English GCSE's or equivalent
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment whilst prioritising workload
- Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and vlookups, and other Microsoft programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with people at all levels of the organisation
Arconic Corporation (NYSE: ARNC), a Fortune 500 company, is a leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and extrusions, as well as innovative architectural products, that advance the automotive, aerospace, commercial transportation, industrial and building and construction markets. Building on more than a century of innovation, Arconic helps to transform the way we fly, drive, and build. We are proud that 77% of our employees are happy working for Arconic and would recommend it as a great place to work and that 80% of our employees would recommend their managers to others.
We live our core values and commit to delivering sustainable value to our customers, our employees, our communities and our shareholders.
At Arconic, we:Act With Integrity.
We lead with respect, honesty, transparency and accountability. Safeguard our Future.
We protect and improve the health and safety of our employees, communities and environment.Grow Stronger Together.
We cultivate an inclusive and diverse culture that advocates for equity.Earn Customer Loyalty.
We build customer partnerships through best-in-class products and service.Drive Operational Excellence.
We pursue continuous improvement through innovation, agility, people development and collaboration.Create Value.
We achieve success by generating and growing value for our shareholders.
- Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits). Arconic is in compliance with all relevant Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations.