When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. You'll join our diverse community of colleagues who are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. So come join us and begin the most gratifying next chapter of your career.
For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by educational institutions and certification and licensing programs to uphold integrity and increase learning performance, and by students and professionals to do their best, original work.Job Description
This role will lead and direct the activities of the newly defined Global Finance Operations organisation, comprising Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable and other related activities. This will bring together multi-located teams of subject matter experts to provide a consistent, efficient and compliant service to both internal and external stakeholders of the Turnitin Consolidated Group.
This is a Global leadership position within a fast-growing, dynamic business and as such there will be an expectation that the individual appointed will have a genuine focus on continuous improvement and the gravitas to drive improvements across the Company's key business processes. Responsibilities
- Define the vision and strategy for the finance operations group with the Group Financial Controller and the CFO. This will include: defining, implementing and ongoing monitoring of operational KPIs and service standards; and the design and implementation of an organisational structure to enable the operational finance team to scale with the business as it grows.
- Work alongside the Global Controller to manage an ambitious finance systems and process transformation programme through 2021, managing and influencing both internal and external stakeholders and driving key decisions where necessary.
- Lead the adoption of new/improved business processes flows, managing the transition from the existing processes and ways of working, communicating to stakeholders and ensuring adherence with Group policy, including: the 'procure to pay' process (P2P); the 'order to cash' process (O2C); and the payroll process
- Manage key relationships with customers, vendors, partners and Turnitin colleagues, ensuring a reliable, consistent 'customer' experience. The resolution of any service level escalations will require discretion, sound judgement and pragmatism.
- Develop and maintain the performance of the team directly and indirectly through Team Leaders, including recruiting, coaching, performance management and developing the team as is needed.
- Act in a critical capacity as part of Turnitin's Global expansion working group, understanding business requirements as we grow and leading the implementation of additional payrolls, billing and collection mechanisms and any other operational requirements. This is likely to include managing transitions from PEO environments, where this is necessary, liaising with Project teams and key stakeholders to ensure the employee experience is smooth.
- Create a proactive and positive environment of continuous professional development, driving the team to learn and grow and embrace change and opportunities for both self and team improvement.
Additional InformationOur Mission
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACA, CPA) or relevant professional experience
- Over 5 years finance leadership experience within a large, complex organisation
- Experience of leading a multi-functional global team
- Experience of having ownership/oversight of ERP subledger activities, such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll
- Experience of working within, auditing or overseeing the activities of a finance shared service centre
- Experience of the design and reporting of operational finance KPIs
- Proven record of driving process and continuous improvement and inspiring your people to embrace change.
- Strong effective communication skills at all levels of the business, including c-suite
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of NetSuite, SFDC, ADP and Tipalti systems (or similar)
- Experience of leading or playing a key role within a finance systems transformation project
- Experience of working for a SAAS Company preferred
- Experience of working within a complex US corporate structure highly advantageous
is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes. Our Values
underpin everything we do.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
At Turnitin, we recognize it's unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you're willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.