Business Unit Management Accountant £40-48k Southampton
A global well-known business is expanding their Southampton based finance team with a capable and driven Management Accountant for a Business Unit role.
As Management Accountant you will be responsible for the financial management, controls and reporting for several Manufacturing Business Units as well as support functions of UK Manufacturing. You will be actively Partnering with key managers in these areas in the pursuit of the company's goals and objectives.
This is a great role for a career minded individual with a leading local employer who boasts a strong reputation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide accurate and timely Management accounts
- Be responsible for agreement of monthly production numbers.
- Prepare, analyse, and report, on a monthly basis or as required, all manufacturing data including production volumes, yields and overhead costs.
- Provide on-site financial control to all aspects of the business unit, providing day to day support and advice to Business unit staff and management team members on existing and future manufacturing internal control practices.
- Regularly audit control processes within the business unit & participate in internal controls testing for the wider UK business.
- To monitor and control capital investment projects and be responsible for the reporting of fixed assets within the business unit ensuring that capital additions and asset disposals are processed.
- To produce annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Business Modelling
- Liaise with companies Internal and External Auditors
We are looking for a high calibre individual who is an experienced Management Accountant ideally from within a fast-paced environment/organisation (FMCG/Manufacturing would be desirable). Candidates should be nearly / newly qualified ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent) with strong business partnering, communication, team working and Excel skills.
This role sits within the UK arm of a global business and therefore the reporting cycles are tight and the ability to work to deadlines is essential.
On offer is a competitive salary and a range of benefits alongside an opportunity to develop within the wider group where internal promotion is encouraged.
Please apply for immediate consideration