Go-To-Market Finance - Analyst
Who are we?
FD Technologies is a leading software and services company, with world-leading intellectual property in ultra-high-performance analytics (KX) across industries, and extensive domain expertise and capabilities in capital markets systems and technology (First Derivative).
Since the company's inception, KX's singular goal has been to provide its customers with the fastest, most efficient, and most flexible tools for processing real-time and historical data to derive actional insights that drive critical business decisions. This focus has enabled us to become the worldwide leader of in-memory, time-series databases, and streaming analytics
KX technology is designed to capture and analyze data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry, and following the launch of KX Insights, the Cloud-First, Real-time Streaming Analytics Platform, is poised for accelerated growth across financial services, high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities, and telecommunications.
KX is looking for someone with experience, energy, and a strong financial background to join our international and growing Go-to-market (GTM) team. The role of the GTM Finance Senior Analyst is to provide commercial, financial, and operational support to GTM Finance and Chief Revenue Officer whilst also partnering with Finance, Legal and Marketing operations to drive growth.
You'll help us on a wide array of varied and exciting aspects of a growing and dynamic software division. This role offers a motivated and hardworking individual the opportunity to make a big impact, while learning about many aspects of our business.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Deal bookings: booking of software deals from an ARR recognition perspective against our software Bookings policy
• Commissions, quotas, and sales compensation: running the commissions process on a quarterly basis. Planning and allocating sales quotas to the Sales field and management.
• Deal desk: supporting management in pricing, structuring and commercial analysis of complex deals
• Management Reporting: Assist with reporting to the exec team the GTM Finance KPIs including monthly ARR and GTM productivity. Spot and investigate errors to ensure accuracy with our Salesforce tools and our reporting tools
• Forecasting and planning: supporting regular forecasting, budgeting, and planning cycles
• Data Analysis: Help with ad-hoc data analysis projects, including pulling, analyzing, and summarising data and making recommendations.
• Processes and tooling: Help select and implement new tools to help us run more efficiently.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders (e.g., Chief Revenue Officer, VP GTM Finance, Legal, Accounting, Finance, Product, etc.) to promote and drive efficiencies and growth.
• Strategic initiatives: Help drive projects and initiatives focused on improving productivity and simplifying processes for the Go-to-market organisation
• Significant relevant experience which may include Sales Finance, Revenue Analyst, Corporate Finance Analyst or Commercial Analyst
• Experience working in a high growth, software business and clear understanding of the inner workings of a software company
• Post graduate Accountancy or Finance qualification (ACA, CIMA, CFA or similar)
• Highly analytical with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• Has a lot of Initiative, detail orientation, strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task, and willingness to learn new things.
• Strong Spreadsheet and systems skills
• Comfortable with the ambiguity associated with a fast-moving business, international environment, changing priorities
• Ability to keep up with frequent changes to policies, procedures, and people.
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgement in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated with an eye towards continuous learning and improvement.
• Ability to work with remote teams