The Role Front Office Risk Management & Administration (Officer, or Senior Officer level)
FJR Finance is currently representing a London based Bank to hire a permanent Front Office Risk Management & Administration Officer. Our client is willing to look at an Officer, or Senior Officer level. Even through COVID-19, this exciting opportunity has arisen role through growth and is a newly created role. The role is working-from-home until otherwise announced through change in corporate policy. The company have ridden and grown their business throughout the COVID-19 period across all business lines globally - it is genuine great time to join the bank.
The role sits within their 1st line of defence, within their Risk Management team.
The role reports to senior Manager of Risk.
Our client ideally requires someone with a specific background as an Operational Risk Analyst who has previous experience in maintaining, supporting and development of internal Controls around Regulatory Reporting (such as MiFID, SFTR, ESMA regulations etc.) and monitoring of credit lines. JOB PURPOSE
Assist in developing and maintaining a sound risk management framework in line with the Risk Management Policy within the Global Markets Unit.
To maintain and support the development of robust internal controls within the Global Markets Unit acting as the first line of defence.
To help improve the operational efficiency of reporting/monitoring related to front office risk management. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure the Bank maintains a presence in the market and maintains its status under all appropriate regulations.
- To monitor regular operations related to various risk management activities within the Global Markets Unit.
- To handle operational activity related to regulatory reporting (MiFID, SFTR, ESMA etc.) and monitoring of credit lines.
- To represent and contribute to bank wide working groups and projects on behalf of the Global Markets Unit.
- To support other departments within the Global Markets Unit with their internal risk management control and administrations.
- To cooperate with other departments, branches and Head Office on various operational and administrative matters which affect the activities of internal control within the Global Markets Unit.
- To update 'Branch Procedure Manuals' related to Global Markets unit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- To handle any assignments or duties requested by GM of Global Markets.
An understanding of interest rate related instruments within a financial institution.
Intermediate/Advanced skills in Word/Excel required, with good mathematical ability and ideally with a knowledge of programming.
An understanding of the regulatory framework and market products related to the operations of Global Markets Unit, or alternatively the potential to learn these in a short space of time. SUPERVISION & REPORTING LINES
To be supervised by the Head of Front Office Risk Management & Administration Department. KEY STAKEHOLDERS
With the Head of Departments and other dealing room personnel and with GMU counterparties, Head Office and external brokers.Salary
£45 k pa - £58 k pa, plus bonus, pension, healthcare etc.