Two simple questions
- Are you an enthusiastic Finance Assistant looking for your next challenge?
- Do you want the opportunity to study whilst working?
If you have answered 'yes' to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe's biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about - there are loads more!We are looking for someone like you to become our awesome new Finance Assistant and join our passionate and talented finance team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
The Finance Assistant role is dedicated to administering day to day finance tasks and assisting the finance team to ensure the smooth management of our finances. As part of the Finance team, you will have involvement in a variety of duties within the finance department.
The Finance Team at Rebellion handle all things accountancy related across the entirety of the group. They work with a variety of stakeholders in many different industries. The team deal with all aspects of Rebellion, from gaming and book publishing to entertainment services and property management.Responsibilities
Assisting with following tasks for the Rebellion Group
- Purchase ledger
- Processing staff expenses
- Processing credit card statements
- Banking of cheques
- Bank and petty cash reconciliations
- Preparing payment runs
- Dealing with purchase orders
- Ordering of goods
- Assist in preparing royalty statements
- Credit control
- Various ad hoc accounting & admin tasks as required
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.Requirements
- Working towards an AAT Level 4 or higher (or qualified to similar level by experience).
- Experience of using accounting software would be an advantage (IRIS Exchequer preferable)
- Good working knowledge of MS package
- Fantastic communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Organised and has an enthusiastic approach to work
- Holiday 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries