- To assist the Foods Commercial Accountant in providing a comprehensive financial support service to commercial management in order to maximise short and long-term profitability for the assigned SBA's.
- To produce/manage product costings for commercial and operational managers as required and prepare tender documents.
- Undertake cost inflation analysis to support Sales in their negotiations with customers.
- Continually improve the costing process to enable greater value adding support of the Commercial and Sales teams (with the support of IT).
- Evaluation, review and post audit of commercial activities such as new customer/product listings, sales promotions, new product development, value engineering.
- Prepare and execute the production of the weekly Flash forecast P+L, in accordance with prescribed formats, timescales and procedures, including the presentation of summary information to senior management.
- Provide support to the Foods Commercial Accountant in the production of the monthly profit forecast for the Foods sector, with distinct areas of responsibility.
- Assist the Foods Commercial Accountant in the preparation and production of annual budgets for the Foods sector.
- Provision of financial data and analysis to Operational management, Finance Managers or Group Finance as required
- Interpretation, communication and enforcement of Group rules, policies, and procedures
- Liaison with internal and external audit personnel as required.
- To provide cover to the Foods Commercial Accountant where required.
Manufacturing experience within a FMCG business
Forecasting and budgeting knowledge
Qualified CIMA or ACCASkills
Ready to get started?Ready to get started?
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience of ERP software, preferably SAP
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail is a prerequisite.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a commercial approach and the ability to influence the business.