The ideal person
- Staff wellbeing, training and development
- Paid Media service delivery, innovation and development
- Provide Paid Media strategic direction and support for the accounts within your team
- Client satisfaction & delivering strong client retention
- Leading on Paid Media process improvements &/or wider agency critical projects
- Ensuring service quality & high standards
- Contributing to new business opportunities (where appropriate)
- Recruitment of new team members as required
- Maintain a culture of efficient time logging within your team
- Clearly understand team capacity and client deadlines for any given week
- Be the primary point of contact for escalation and attend relevant client meetings where required
- Managing team resource based on the Liberty pipeline and wider growth targets
- At least 3 years demonstrable Paid Media experience ideally in an agency environment
- At least 1-year demonstrable senior Paid Media experience ideally in an agency environment
- Experience line-managing two or more people is desirable
- A confident leader and role model with the ability to work under pressure
- Commercially astute and takes pride in creating, managing and overseeing high quality digital marketing projects
- A thorough understanding of digital marketing channels and digital marketing strategy including Paid Search, Shopping, Display, Video, Paid Social and Analytics
- Experience in liaising with publishers
- A facilitative and coaching style of management
- Strong interpersonal, decision making and delegation skills
- A great communicator with excellent presentation, written and verbal communications
- Confident dealing with client issues
- Proactive problem solver
- Strong budget management skills
- Flexibility to travel or work outside of regular office hours
Reporting to the Head of Client Services, the Paid Media Team Leader manages the day-to-day delivery of Liberty's Paid Media services within their team and manages the resources of the wider Paid Media department.
You will coordinate your team of Paid Media professionals, acting as a role model and leader.
Key to your role is effective people management. Alongside HR, you will be responsible for recruiting skilled personnel and developing those within your Paid Media team. You will be responsible for developing talent within your team and as such need to be able to encourage and motivate people, facilitate collaborative working practices, effectively delegate tasks, conduct appraisals and mentor individuals. You will focus on people's strengths & find opportunities to challenge, coach & nurture people.
Part of this role will also be to maintain a healthy split between billable and non-billable work (approx. 50/50 between the two), with the billable work ideally taking place on key accounts.
Working with the Head of Client Services & the Digital Project Managers, you will be responsible for assigning new projects to members of your team based on capacity and skillset and adapting the allocation of projects and tasks each month as needed. You will support the team with the creation of 90 day plans where needed and help to set & track KPIs and project deadlines to ensure expectations are met &/or exceeded. You will monitor the progress of projects ensuring they are resourced with appropriate budgets, skills & personnel. You will also provide ad hoc consultancy, training and strategic guidance as required.
You will work closely with the client relationship team to ensure client's expectations and project objectives are being appropriately set and more importantly, achieved. You will demonstrate results-focused leadership to the team and act as an escalation point for client service issues. You will provide Paid Media insight and offer strategic guidance and support to set the overall direction on accounts and to guide the growth of the accounts assigned to your team.
You will work closely with our Creative Content Manager, SEO Team Leaders and the wider Client Services team to deliver integrated client projects. Together, you will be critical in ensuring quality and high standards from your teams by implementing our quality management system, following processes & procedures, authorising work, managing risks and training new staff.
In relation to new business, you will (where appropriate) contribute to pitches, ensuring we understand & challenge the brief, act as a driving force on pitch preparation & delivery, from brief to pitch-meeting, ensuring that the response is based on insight. Where appropriate, you will represent Liberty at events to raise Liberty's profile & generate new business leads.