GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies MediaCom, Wavemaker, MindShare, MSix and Essence.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP's media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unrivalled competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
About the team
GroupM provides products and services to the GroupM agencies. These range from technology solutions through to training programmes. Conceptually the GroupM team exists to facilitate efficiencies in the Agencies themselves and provide thought leadership to them.
The GroupM Supply team, a part of GroupM Investment underpins the media needs of our programmatic buying businesses, including Xaxis and GroupM Digital services.
The team have developed direct to publisher relationships, unrivalled in quality and scale, where we can acquire digital media to a quality, price and level of access that gives our buying businesses unique advantage against the market.
You will work in a Media team of 20 people who are passionate about a common vision - delivering the very best quality of media for our clients.
The team is varied - from trading leads, to optimisation analysts, media analysts, product and engagement managers, technical account managers and other roles.
The Role Objective
This role will deliver operational support to our programmatic businesses, primarily our Partnerships managers, and our publisher partners, supporting new and existing products in programmatic media. The role will work closely with our technical account managers and media managers to ensure campaigns are setup and running effectively; across many creative executions (display branding, performance, and rich media formats).
This role is key in ensuring that the Operations team runs effectively and that clients campaigns deliver in full and to the required KPIs.
The role will be responsible for supporting and troubleshooting publisher Integrations, site tracking, campaign delivery, pacing, performance and reporting.
- Use and operation of Programmatic Ad operations tools, e.g. SSP platforms such as XandR, Pubmatic, Magnite, adx.
- Creation and management of display ad campaigns
- Monitoring pacing, performance and delivery of campaigns
- Creative and pixel trafficking
- Operational troubleshooting and technical support
- Discrepancy investigation and resolution
- Support targeting and delivery recommendation process for client briefs
- Produce inventory forecast and campaign performance analysis reports
- Monitor 3rd-party tools to ensure we minimise blocking to allow us to maximise performance
- Support the development of ad operation processes
- Creation of Execution Plans which break down costs required to execute a campaign given a client's brief
- Reconciliation of Bookings for agencies and suppliers
Skills and Behaviours
- Highly organised, and able to cope with multiple ongoing tasks
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Highly analytical and numerate
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Thorough approach to solving problems
- Strong sense of initiative and personal ownership
- Dedicated to attaining team and personal goals
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Competent computer skills, including Microsoft office, (Excel, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint), with the ability to produce key documentation of a professional standard in all packages
- Deep understanding of digital media technologies and market
- Proven track record in establishing high levels of customer satisfaction
- Digital experience in an agency holding company/agency/trading desk/network/publisher
- Analytical experience - evidence of having approached problems from a mathematical perspective and working through to a solution in a logical way
- Hands-on experience of digital advertising operations (managing and trafficking online digital campaigns) including technical trouble-shooting and issue resolution