⚡️ Your mission
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Care Management team. The team is in charge of providing care agencies with the best in class software solution to help them look after their clients and improve their quality of life.
As an Engineering Manager, your focus will be on helping engineers with their personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes. You'll be responsible for the engagement and efficiency of the engineers who you line manage and will be helping your team to become high-performing. You will also ensure the work your team ships is done with a level of care, with attention to detail and is done safely.
The applications within the team's scope are mostly developed in NodeJs / React / React-Native, run in Kubernetes on AWS, communicate with other services through Kafka, and monitored with Prometheus and DataDog.
♀️ How you will contribute
- Managing team organization, staffing, recruitment, career and personal development of your team staff.
- Working with product and other engineering leaders to manage and organise high velocity & quality delivery.
- Closely collaborating with product management, business development and executive-level stakeholders; fueling our product objectives and business ambitions.
- Managing technical relationships, working processes and operating mode with other technical teams.
We'd love to hear from you if you
- have a proven experience as an Engineering Manager with successful people management skills;
- know the ins and outs of managing the technical development of distributed softwares;
- embrace change, are able to take a step back;
- have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset;
- are someone who is inspired by, and seeks to embody our values;
- are humble, and you love learning new things and can mentor or coach others;
- have strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
These are our ideal requirements, but we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Birdie, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.Benefits
People are our core strength. We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture (employer net promotion score of 67) with strong values (B-Corp certified). We offer exceptional benefits and invest massively in our team's happiness, wellbeing and growth✨ Compensation
Competitive salary Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience (e.g., up to £83k in London). we provide discretionary share options. Flexible
With Covid-19, we have decided to be a fully distributed team with Birdees working across the globe. As long as you're +-3h from GMT, you can work from anywhere you want and with flexible hours. We organise quarterly in-person events and online socials to make sure you can meet up with peers. If you want to come to our London based office, you're most welcome of course! L&D budget
Growth is key. You'll have a personal development budget to put towards books (e.g., free audible subscription), courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts Base holiday
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays) + Christmas eve day off⚕️ Private health insurance
Private health insurance with Vitality that covers many physical and mental health costs☀️ Gym and wellbeing memberships
Gym membership and numerous other wellbeing perks and discounts via Vitality Cycle to work scheme
Birdie will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months Parental Leave
Highly favourable parental leave policy for any new parent (we believe we must address the gender gap pay by fostering equal parental leave policies regardless of gender) Pension employer contribution
Birdie contributes to your pension⛷ Frequent Company Socials, Trips And Meals
We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips) Exceptional culture
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation caring, responsible yet fostering excellence. Read The Birdie Way to learn more.Typical Interview Stages
- a 30 min video call to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60 min video call with Gwen, CTO, and direct Manager, and Robbie our agile coach to learn more about our engineering ways of working
- a 45 min video call to discuss your motivation
- a 120 min video call with the engineering team
- a 60 min video call with the CEO or a co-founder
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 3 weeks and offers usually come within 48 hours.Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don't hesitate to contact us.