Euromonitor International is currently hiring for an Account Manager to join its Academic Sales team in London on a permanent basis.
This role manages existing accounts and looks for opportunities to upsell and grow the revenue in those accounts.
With over 1000 academic institutions currently subscribing to Passport globally, the business development account manager plays a critical role in maintaining a consistent revenue stream by ensuring timely renewals across their territory and identifying additional revenue streams from an existing account base and prospective clients. The Key to this role is being a brand ambassador for the region by reaching out to an array of individuals such as librarians, professors, students and researchers across public libraries, Universities as well as independently-funded research groups to make certain that Passport is a 'must have' resource for existing and potential subscribers.
Requirements:The post holder will:
Ideal candidates will demonstrate:
- Develop strong client relationships
- Provide research support to clients as required
- Liaise with internal colleagues and required
- Evaluate and promote Passport usage within each client company
- Train users face-to-face or via online demos
- Manage contract renewal and upsell negotiations
- Identify and act on opportunities for revenue growth using "consultative selling" techniques and team working with regional account managers if and when necessary.
- Identify new revenue opportunities through growing the client base and a better understanding of client organization, strategy and priorities
- Achieve individual renewal and upsell targets
- You will be a highly self-motivated professional with a proven track record managing client relationships and delivering incremental revenue
- Experience selling into or working within the public sector is desirable, with academia sales a real plus
- Networking and communication skills to uncover new opportunities and deepen client relationships
- Tenacity, drive, commercial awareness and persuasiveness to close deals
- Target oriented - ability to meet monthly and annual sales targets
- Ability to manage workload across all clients, balancing proactive commercial activities with reactive client support (keeping the latter to a minimum by leveraging technical support and industry teams)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Benefits:Why work for Euromonitor?International:
not only do we have a very multinational workforce in each office but we are all dealing with our 15 offices worldwide on a daily basis. With 15 offices globally there are regular opportunities for international transfer.Hardworking but sociable:
our staff know how to work hard but also how to enjoy themselves! We pride ourselves on creating an appropriate work-life balance, with flexible hours and regular socialising including frequent after work meet ups, summer and Christmas parties and a whole range of sports and other groups to be involved with.Committed to making a difference:
We think that people are looking for something worthwhile in a company beyond the workplace. Our extensive Corporate Social Responsibility Programme gives each member of staff two volunteering days a year in addition to holidays. It sees us reaching out into the local community with our mentoring, group volunteering, and fundraising initiatives as well as supporting international charities through our website sales, matching staff sponsorship fundraising, and carbon offsetting all our flights, amongst many other activities.Excellent benefits:
we offer highly competitive salaries, enhanced healthcare and pensions, plus generous holiday allowances and in many offices a Core Hours policy allowing flexible start and finish times to each day.Opportunities to grow:
we offer extensive training and development opportunities at all levels. The vast majority of our managers and directors have been promoted from within and many have moved across departments as well as upwards. We pride ourselves on identifying and rewarding talent.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Euromonitor International does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.