VVB delivers sustainable mechanical, electrical and telecommunication engineering solutions with expertise and long-standing experience across Rail, Highways, Power, and Tunnels. Combining robust processes with specialist agility. Our approach to projects always takes into account the best interests of our clients, our people and our environment.
At VVB, we are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join our Highways and Road Tunnels Sector. This position will manage the project team to safely deliver, on time, to stated quality, at minimum cost and to client satisfaction. Acting as the link between the client and other key stakeholders.
Please note this role is UK wide and the successful candidate will need to be able to travel extensively.
VVB Website - vvb-eng.com
VVB Careers - careers.vvb-eng.com/vacanciesKey Responsibilities
What we are looking for..
- Providing leadership and project management in all facets of the project activities to deliver the project to meet cost, time, and quality requirements.
- Working with the client and reporting to the sector manager, responsible for helping to establish the strategy and delivery for the project.
- Working in a client facing role, responsible for leading other team members, developing the clients' strategy, through to assisting in the appointment of the extended professional team of local consultants and contractors.
- Developing the clients brief, delivering strategy, and leading the design management, procurement and execution of the scheme.
- Supervising and developing a high performing team that strives for quality, safety, cost and schedule improvements at every opportunity with all delivery partners, challenging and seeking to improve the project deliverables.
- Overseeing that the highest standards of health and safety are considered as a priority through all stages of the project.
- Driving the procurement of services and works required to deliver the project.
- Providing input into client system safety and project risk assessment and management process.
- A degree qualification in related subject or equivalent is preferred.
- Professional memberships of a relevant professional body or working towards membership is an advantage.
- Experience in managing projects within the Highways sector predominately Road Tunnels
- Significant experience in managing clients, contractors and coordinating stakeholders within the Highways sector
- Ability to carry a quality inspection and generate onsite solutions to site coordination issues as they arise.
- Managing budgets and forecasting expenditure.
- Managing and owning key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement, and tendering.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, using a flexible pragmatic approach.
You will be required to travel to sites and offices as and when required, in line with COVID-19 guidelines. In return we offer a competitive salary and package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private medical insurance, pension scheme and more!
VVB values the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all prospective and current employees with dignity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
All employees must demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm in promoting the principles of equality in employment and service delivery.
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES.