Who we are looking for
A Software Testing Team Leader who will be assisting in driving the provision of a capable, reactive and motivated delivery focused testing team.
Reporting into the Test Manager, you will be liaising with Product Managers, Development Managers and Development Team Leaders across a suite of products and applications including our global website and mobile platform.
A flexible, proactive and hands off approach is required in this fast paced, high output department.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges.Preferred skills and experience
- Strong team and project lead experience and a strong background in software testing.
- Commercial experience of leading large and diverse testing teams and projects.
- Experience of testing large scale websites.
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly.
- Ability to think in a high pressure environment and react quickly to challenging situations.
- Proven experience of working with daily releases and high output of development work.
- Ability to react well to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Commitment to quality and thorough approach to work.
- Planning, organising and reporting on testing phase of projects and support packages and effectively communicating and escalating where appropriate.
- Reviewing and analysing requirement documents ensuring business and technical requirements are fully understood to a detailed level.
- Taking ownership of work estimation, ensuring accurate portrayals of effort can be obtained and subsequently delivered on.
- Applying active governance around quality, rules, standards and processes within the team.
- Ensuring regulatory and PCI standards are adhered to across the testing phase.
- Understanding the efforts on both resource and time and assess impacts and risks in delivery of the work stacks within the team.
- Communicating both within and outside the team, attending and contributing to various interdepartmental meetings.
- Facilitating successful relationships within the development teams and at times the operational functions.
- Mentoring and coaching other team members to assist with their development, assisting in appraisal reviews and administration responsibilities of the team.
- Being open and available for team members to assist in issues they may have.