We are now recruiting for a team leader to join our Death Benefits team in our growing customer services department. The purpose of the role is to lead a team responsible for processing the distribution of Death Benefits across our award-winning product range. This is a fantastic role, complex and rewarding with senior management visibility and the opportunity to liaise with many departments across our operational area. Day to day responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading a team to handle death benefits cases appropriately, sensitively and in a timely manner, and ensuring the team is meeting agreed SLAs.
- To provide excellent service to deceased members' representatives and dependents, accurately explaining death benefits, the criteria for dependents and beneficiaries, details of the types of payments that may be made when a member dies, the process, and options for payment of death benefits, and the tax consequences of each option.
- To identify and accurately calculate benefit payment options and to make recommendations to the Scheme Trustees in respect of discretionary lump sums and/or dependents pension payments.
- To process and oversee the transfer of assets and cash in relation to death benefits.
- Holding monthly 1-1s and conducting bi-annual performance reviews with each team member
- Updating internal documents and procedures to maintain accuracy and efficiency and to reduce risk to the business.
About AJ Bell:
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE's grades A*-C (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- Experience in a senior or team leader position is essential
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Effective planning, organisation, and time management skills.
- Competent IT skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure, at times unsupervised
- Strong knowledge of HMRC legislation in relation to death benefits, is desirable though not essential
- Experience of financial services, or a keen interest in it, is desirable though not essential
We are one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £70.4 billion and more than 368,000 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
We have grown throughout the pandemic with further growth planned. At AJ Bell you can expect a secure and friendly working environment with a strong sense of teamwork, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles. Why join AJ Bell?
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
Our head office at Salford Quays is an amazing space, with its own on-site gym, training and seminar suite, e-learning zone, dining area, lounge and rooftop terrace.
We also host loads of social and team building events throughout the year, including our legendary Christmas and summer parties and pay day Friday drinks.Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive new starter training
- 25 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan and season ticket portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Plus much more