Risk Specialist£39,748 per annumUK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
We are seeking a Risk Specialist to help create, lead and sustain a comprehensive risk management function/programme for UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). This role sits within our Risk and Assurance function which works across nine Councils with existing, diverse capabilities and will be responsible for ensuring that UKRI operations best practice in risk management.
As Risk Specialist, you will work closely with others in the governance, assurance, risk and information governance team (GARI) team and other corporate colleagues to provide leadership and support decision-making, ensuring that UKRI operates best practice throughout its governance, accountability, risk management and integrated assurance arrangements.
You will support the Head of Risk in ensuring that risk management processes are appropriately wide ranging to recognise the differing natures and requirements of UKRI including head office, councils, programmes and institutes. Taking the lead on specific professional areas.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience as a skilled risk professional
- Good understanding and working knowledge of prevailing governance, risk and assurance standards and public-sector rules
- Experience working with executive teams and being a trusted advisor to senior management
- Experience in implementing effective risk management strategies and frameworks in an organisation.
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience in provision of high quality written and verbal advice suitable for executive and senior level decision makers
Choosing to come to work at UKRI means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits including a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to see more details and to apply please visit our job board. Please include a covering letter outlining how you fit the role criteria.
The closing date for applications is 6th August 2021.