The University of Dundee IT Dept (UoD IT) is pleased to be in the position to be seeking suitable candidate(s) to be part of their Modern Apprentice scheme.
The University is a fascinating place to work. There is great blend of research and teaching focus, with researchers and students from across the world. Under the supervision and direction of UoD IT End User Services Service Operations Lead (and other members of the UoD IT team), develop a comprehensive understanding of and an ability to perform the key tasks and responsibilities of a Service Delivery Technician in a large organisation (providing IT Support services to 3000 + staff and 17, 000 + students).Key Responsibilities:
- Be a part of a First Line IT team (including Service Desk) providing support to Staff and Students both in person and remotely
- Working within our Service Management Tool (TOPdesk) deal with tickets of varying complexity to ensure that impact and priority are assessed.
- Processing and working on technical requests through to resolution or escalation to 2nd line
- Diagnosing and resolving software and hardware issues on both Windows and Mac OS Work with Staff and Students to ensure that they get the most out of our systems and services
- Assist on desktop and laptop deployment and where required replace faulty hardware (keyboards, mice, printer toners, monitors and other basic IT components when needed)
- Contributing to documentation as required (including how to prepare Knowledge Items)
- Become familiar with maintaining and supporting AV and Lecture rooms as well as our new Hybrid Teaching spaces which are using state of the art technology to deliver a first-class hybrid learning environment for our students and teaching staff
- Assist in network troubleshooting where required including remote , deskside and in our network cabinets across campus
- The role will offer other opportunities to gain experience aligned both with your study path and potential areas of interest
- Good verbal and written communication skills Good knowledge of MS Office 365 applications
- Follow instructions and procedures with guidance to achieve objectives Ability to plan and organise daily work routines with guidance
- Have the initiative to learn and be up to date with the latest technologies Adaptable and able to deal with changing priorities within short time scales
- Supportive and effective team player
- Ability to engage with Staff, Students and team members in UoD-IT Ability to absorb and apply technical information
- Passionate about delivering great customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Adapts to change by adopting a flexible and cooperative attitude
- Motivated to learn new skills
- A great team player but confident to share ideas and take on tasks individually
- Promotes equal opportunities and diversity in all aspects of work
Future Career Progression:
- Salary£8,408.40 - £11,939.20 per annum - this will be reviewed on completion of the apprenticeship
- Monday - Friday 08.45am until 5.00pm
- There will be a variety of opportunities within the organisation for those who successfully complete the apprenticeship and show a continued desire to learn
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.