Education Charity Full-TimePermanent Up to £32,000London
I'm working with an education charity to recruit for two Project Managers to work alongside a wide range of stakeholders to deliver the school programme, which gives young people from disadvantaged backgrounds the communication skills they need to be successful in the workplace. This national charity is dedicated to ensuring that disadvantaged children and young people are given the tools they need to succeed, the organisation reaches children in the poorest communities in the UK; and campaigns to make education a priority for politicians, businesses and parents.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of one of the charity's core programmes in primary and secondary schools. Working in a team of three, the postholder will report directly to the Programme Manager. You will manage and support project delivery, including logistics, safeguarding, content development (production and delivery of resources), and enquiries. Risk management, quality assurance, event management, volunteer training and management (as project relevant) are also key duties of the role. You will also be responsible for recruiting schools and other partners as required for programmes and support them throughout their programme activity. The Project Manager will work collaboratively with the communication team to deliver communication strategies, maintain internal and external stakeholder relations, as well as oversee budget and financial management.
This is a hands-on role for someone with excellent interpersonal, communication skills and has the ability to work to tight deadline in a busy environment.
Ideally, you will have:
If you would like to apply, please send your CV in word format to Kate Headford- at Charity People ASAP.
- Experience working with young people, schools and business volunteers
- Ability to create resources for schools, ideally primary and secondary
- Knowledge of literacy and careers education within schools and employability skill development
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding practice
- A good understanding of principles of effective marketing, communications, and engagement
- Excellent project management, administration, and organisation skills
- Good external stakeholder relationship management
- Excellent information and budget management
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and databases
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.