Assistant Accountant |Tetford, Horncastle | £20,000 - £23,000 + great benefits
Do you want to join an exciting and progressive business in a role that can help progress your career and develop your skills as an accountant? If so, this could be the perfect next career move for you!
Macildowie are supporting a local Lincolnshire business, family owned with international reach. They turnover around £6m annually and have been running for over 25 years. The company has a strong record of growth within the core businesses. This growth has provided a requirement for an Assistant Accountant to help the CFO with the day-to-day running of the business finances.
Working from their UK office in Tetford, (just outside Horncastle)
. The size of the organization provides the opportunity for all members of the team to work alongside and communicate with senior management on a day-to-day basis. The role is a hands-on, all round finance role and will be involved in bits of everything. This is one of those businesses that is small enough for everyone to know a bit about everything in their department.
The business is open to what stage in your career you might be; whether training and wanting to develop in the long term, or happy operating at this level for the long term.
So what is the job?
- Purchase invoice processing, cost allocation & supplier payments
- To prepare Bank reconciliations
- Accruals & prepayments
- Control account reconciliation
- Assist with the monthly management accounts
- To assist with a business-wide finance projects
- To gain a good level of understanding of the operation of the finance function
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Entry of month end journals for reporting
What are you like?
Package - £20,000 - £23,000 - depending on experience
- Part Qualified or Qualified AAT is desired but not absolutely necessary if you have the experience in Accounting at a junior level
- Strong verbal and numerical analytical ability
- Excellent IT skills and ability to work with main Microsoft packages
- Good communication skills to enable you to question, listen, interpret and explain concepts to non-finance stakeholders
- Be resilient, self-motivated and accomplished at forming relationships and influencing people at all levels in the company
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom
a call/email today, let's start the conversation and tell you more about this great job.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.