My client, based in Woking, have innovation at the core of everything they do. Pioneering new technology. Breaking industry norms. Pushing the envelope in speed, performance and dynamic engineering. This approach has created cars with astounding track performance that are astonishingly easy to drive on the road.
They are now looking for a number of EOL Technicians to join them on a contract basis.These positions operate on a rotating shift basis of early and late shifts, and will require a Saturday shift every other week.Shifts:
Early: 05:30 - 14:45
Late: 15:00 - 23:45 Principal accountabilities:
The role will work as part of a multi-functional team, reporting to a Production Team Leader. The role encourages involvement in improving performance for the team, In Safety, Quality, Cost Control and Productivity. The role requires a flexible approach to working hours, including shifts and weekend work.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Understand and follow detailed work instructions relating to the construction, painting or assembling of vehicles.
- Ensure that all documentation is complete accurately for job-specific completion.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is complete to the highest quality standard.
- Ensure that all station operations on each vehicle are completed to the required quality standard.
- Ensure that all operations are completed in the required timescale.
- Work as part of a team on the definition and solution of problems that may be affecting the quality, cost or productivity of the vehicles being produced.
- Ensure the work area is clean, tidy, and orderly at all times in line with set standards.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance within the workplace, using the uniform/ clothing provided.
- Maintain a safe working environment for yourself and team members.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as requested.
- Understand and adhere to the companies values and help grow the Automotive culture.
- No formal qualifications are necessary; however, experience within automotive or manufacturing would be a distinct advantage.
- Prior experience of working as part of a team is desirable as well as experience of working to timescales.
- Must take great pride in their work and have a process-driven work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Quality driven with excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and reliable.
- Extremely trustworthy and work effectively as part of a team.
- Self-commitment and an inner drive to succeed.
- Proactive in the drive to continuously improve the processes, work environment and cost.
- Work effectively under pressure.
- Inner to desire to win.
Their production team work on a shift basis which rotates weekly between early and lates, with the expectation you will work two Saturdays a month if required or if business needs dictate.