Are you a Finance professional with purchase and sales ledger management experience?
Do you have experience having worked in an education setting within Finance?
REED Education are supporting a secondary school in Oxford who are a part of a multi academy trust and looking for a permanent Finance Manager to join their team full time across the whole year. You will be responsible for a small team reporting directly and Collaboratory working alongside the school Business Manager. This role will require you to work 37 hours a week Monday to Friday, but they are flexible on start and finish times.
As Finance Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the sales and purchase ledger. You will primarily work independently, liaising with colleagues, senior leadership, internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
Key responsibilities will include:
• The processing of all accounting transactions in a timely manner and the maintenance of all financial records with a full audit trail
• To carry out all financial procedures in accordance with the Trust's month end checklist, including but not exclusively Payroll transactions, Payroll reconciliation, aged debtors, accruals, pre-payments, bank and credit card reconciliations and outstanding Purchase Orders.
• To work in conjunction with the SBM to produce monthly management accounts and budget re-forecasts in line with the Trust's reporting timetable, including explanations regarding key variances to the budget and year-end forecast.
• To work in conjunction with the SBM to set, profile and the allocation of the school's budget using the Trust's budgeting software.
• To maintain effective financial administration systems in order to provide an efficient support service to all school budget holders. Provision of regular budget holder reports and financial statements for key departments e.g., catering
• Maintain the cashless catering and online payment system.
• Agree amount of invoices to be raised by Finance Assistant in SLAs
• The maintenance of the school's asset register.
• The review of School Condition Allocation and Capital expenditure in line with the budgets set.
• To be the key contact with the Trust central finance team.
• To provide support to both internal and external auditors.
• The management of the school's local bank account.
• The financial management of Pupil Premium expenditure and applications.
• To line manage the Finance Assistant.
• The management for the school's procurement in line with Trust Regulations and ensuring best value.
• Give guidance to staff in relation to all payroll queries including tax and pension, liaising with the appropriate outside service provider where necessary.
• Support the SBM with identifying appropriate income streams and support the application for grant funding.
• To support the SBM with any other finance related tasks.
The school offers an ideal location with parking in Oxford just outside the city centre, with access to great amenities and transport links locally. To be considered for this role you will need to have an Enhanced DBS and able be to complete an education level compliance screening in line with Keeping children safe in school policy.
If this is a role you feel suited to you, please click "Apply Now" or call REED Education in Oxford for a confidential discussion.