Not your typical financial services firm...
Established in 2004, Age Partnership has held true to its pledge to improve the markets in which we operate for the benefit of customers. We do this by delivering world-class customer experiences, continually innovating and embracing digital technology to make dealing with the company both efficient and engaging.
At Age Partnership we accept nothing other than being the best at what we do, and this objective is reinforced by an environment in which colleagues are encourage to engage, to learn and to flourish. Significant in-house training and development facilities and empowerment of colleagues are just a couple of components that have helped this culture to thrive.
As a growing and respected brand that has been built on a foundation of customer advocacy, technical knowledge and significant marketing capabilities, Age Partnership is working towards becoming a household name that is synonymous with excellence. At the same time, we strive to leave a positive footprint; being good to our business partners, our community and our planet. Finance OfficerReports to:
Finance Manager Location
Leeds with agile homeworking Package
Circa £20,000 + generous benefits package Hours of work
37.5 hours per week The RoleOverview
The successful candidate will have experience in a purchase ledger role and be responsible for the performance of various accounts duties to tight deadlines at a high standard. Key Outputs
- Entering purchase ledger transactions on to the Sage 200 accounts system for all companies across the group.
- Ensuring Purchase Orders are in place for all spend.
- Completion of supplier statement reconciliations.
- Processing the payments of suppliers and staff expenses in a timely fashion across the group.
- Ensuring complete and accurate filing and archiving of accounts records.
- Attending regular review meetings with the Finance Manager.
- Ensuring current finance processes are adhered to, reviewing and looking at potential improvements to those processes.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
- Be Respectful - Treat customers and colleagues at all levels with dignity and respect.
- Collaborate & Share - Be generous with your time and ideas, working with and for the wider team.
- Show awareness - Be aware of how your actions and behaviours affect customers, colleagues and the business.
- Appreciate others - Recognise the contribution made by every colleague to the success of our business.
- Be Accountable - Take responsibility for your actions and learn from any mistakes.
- Embrace Change - Treat change as an opportunity to improve, welcoming new ideas and ways of working.
- Commit to Development - Take responsibility for your personal development and that of the business.
- Be Courageous & Honest - Speak up for what you believe in and welcome the opportunity to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Keep Your Promises - Do what you say you'll do, when you say you'll do it.
- Focus on Solutions - Show resilience and determination, focusing on the solution not the problem.
- Go Above & Beyond - Always aim to exceed expectations, giving your very best to every customer and colleague.
- Be Proud & Lead By Example - Take pride in yourself and your work, acting as a positive role model for others.
A presentable and highly organised individual, with a keen attention to detail and a methodical approach to their work. An effective communicator, able to deal with colleagues, clients, third party lenders, solicitors and suppliers in a professional and confident manner. The successful candidate will have experience of working in a blue chip environment in a fast paced, busy finance department with the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines. Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience of working in a busy finance team able to deliver against a range of demands and deadlines simultaneously.
- Detailed knowledge of the principles of financial management, controls and accounting concepts including reconciliations & VAT.
- Experience of Financial Services sector.
- Knowledge of Sage 200 accounts software.
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) including mathematics and English.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.