A regulator is looking for a Communications Officer to start ASAP
- Hybrid working -Canary Wharf
- £150-£180 per day PAYE
- Start ASAP
- 5 Days a week or Part time 3 days a week
- Canary Wharf
- Responsible for all general communications and campaigns, writing articles and blogs for internal and external audiences.
- Main point of contact for media and press - field press enquiries, draft press releases and web content, securing coverage of relevant stories (whether print, digital or broadcast).
- Manage proactive and reactive engagement with the media and stakeholders, as well as the development and publication of policy and corporate documents.
- Prepare spokespeople for broadcast experience.
- Monitor the media and compile regular internal reports.
- Work with the Digital Communications Executive to support comms output, including editing and publishing content on the website
- Assist with internal communications.
- Support our programme of publications.
- Support our Consumer Panel as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Media handling, including pitching stories, crisis response and relationship development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to develop clear and compelling communications.
- Good networking and interpersonal skills to ensure effectiveness of the role.
- Experience in communications, journalism or public relations.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A self-starter who takes initiative.
- Some experience of internal communications would be advantageous.
- University degree in relevant field desirable.
- Advanced IT Skills - Experience in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Public sector experience
- Strong writing skills and used to creating engaging content for a wide range of audiences using multi-channels
Please do contact me or apply ASAP if you are interested in this role with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant expertise.