Finance Assistant Job type -Fixed term contract until 30/11/2022Salary- £21,594Hours - Full Time - 35 hours plus 5 hours paid lunchLocation- Birmingham/ Flexible Homeworking
Are you looking for a meaningful role that will enable you to make a genuine contribution to social justice? Nacro is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. We house, we educate, we support, we advise, and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We are passionate about changing lives. We never give up.
We are currently looking for an experienced Finance Assistant to join our Accounts Receivable team. In this role you will:
- To accurately process Housing Benefit payments and other transactions in connection with Housing Tenants via our Housing Management systems in line with Nacro's financial procedures.
- To assist with the preparation of sales ledger invoices to facilitate obtaining payment in connection with a wide range of services provided by our Directorates.
- To support a wide range of internal customers to resolve queries, provide information and provide training.
- To deal with a wide range of external customers and Local Authorities to resolve queries and provide information.
The person we're looking for will have achieved, or willingness to work towards AAT accounting qualification, or 'qualified by experience'.
- Ability to handle large volumes of transactions within a dispersed organisation.
- Good customer care skills and the ability to explain financial processes to non-finance colleagues.
- Good excel skills.
- Experience of using Housing Finance systems desirable but not essential for the right candidate.
Please see the Role Profile for further details of the role.
Your application should state clearly how you meet the requirements set out in the Professional and Technical Expertise section.
Please see our Jobs page for further information about working at Nacro and guidance on how to complete your application.
You can also see our benefits HERE
At Nacro, we are proud to be inclusive in every respect and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Apply online.The safety and wellbeing of service users and learners is at the heart of the service Nacro provides, therefore safer recruitment practices are embedded throughout our selection processes.
This role requires a basic DBS check.