Experis has a new contract opportunity as a Solaris Engineer on a 6 month contract working remotelyJob Title:
Remote, may be future requirements to travel to either Leeds or Swindon on occasionLength:
£450-£500 (Must be via umbrella)Scope:
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
As a Unix Systems Administrator, you would be a part of SME group. Be involved in managing end to end Infrastructure support (Solaris), server build/decommissions and Migrations.Key Accountabilities:
- Install and maintain all Solaris server hardware and software systems and administer all server's performance, utilisation and ensure availability for same Prepare program-level, user-level documentation on an as-needed-basis
- Maintenance and repair of Power systems including hardware and operating systems software support
- Main interface to customers for the coordination of hardware and/or software support and delivery of technical services
- Accountable to ensure high level of customer happiness with service delivery
- To review Backup reports and Initiate actions on backup failure against specific documentation. Implement changes, perform security related tasks, identify and recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures
- Craft a service performance, usage report and respond to issue requests
- Assisting the Project Manager by providing a technical project coordination role.
- Liaising with relevant support teams for all clients to ensure they are informed about relevant progress and issues relating to Unix server to be handed over for server management to ensure a smooth transition.
- Providing coverage for BAU Unix Server Management teams along with other project works assigned.
- Abiding by Incident, Change and Problem Management procedures, including complying with the Service Level Agreements as documented in the Problem Severity matrix.
- Create regular reports for Management requirements.
- Act as a single point of escalation to L2 and L1 engineer
- A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and the ability to lead
- Skill and ability to train others on technical and procedural topics
- Expertise in installation, configuration and upgrades, patching, administration, and storage implementation
- Ability to articulate standard methodologies for during implementation
- Proficient in risk-based systems running on UNIX / Solaris platforms
- Solid understanding in NFS configuration administration Thorough understanding of the technology stack Operating systems, middleware, storage systems, applications, networking and security, and architecture
- Experience in Oracle VM Manager LDAP Administration
- Knowledge of networking concepts including DNS, VPNs, Firewalls and load balancers.
- Working knowledge of ITIL working practices.
- Good verbal (written and spoken) skills and ability to successfully interact with all levels from operational team members to senior managers.
- Experience of meeting deadlines, influencing others to do so and of working across matrix reporting lines.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply to be contacted by an Experis Consultant.
- Hands on experience on Patching for AIX and Linux Virtual servers, kernel updates and other upgrade on related packages
- Hands-on experience for Firmware Upgrade
- Solid Understanding of Vitalisation
- Server Hardware Troubleshooting and hands-on experience
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94719494