Our partner is a leading global not for profit working to positively impact the lives of children and youth around the world. They are seeking a Head of Financial Accounting & Compliance to lead in the provision of accounting, tax and regulatory advice. This is a newly created position. Responsibilities
- Develop guidance and operational procedures, and training for colleagues especially around understanding and adhering to accounting standards (IFRS & USGAAP).
- Reviewing potential impacts of new accounting standards/regulations and tax regulations, assess options and risks, recommend solutions to manage these changes and ensure that the accounting system is geared up to accommodate these changes.
- Work with the legal team to assess individual country tax regulations, ensure that appropriate procedures are created and implemented, and provide technical assistance.
- Provide technical accounting and tax guidance to the leadership team, working with the accounting, risk and legal teams to offer advice on major corporate issues and provide integrated solutions.
- Lead on the timely completion of key regulatory and compliance returns, and undertake a technical review of the IFRS and USGAPP financial statements prior to their submission and review by external auditors.
- Educated to degree level, holding an accounting qualification
- Strong demonstrable background in audit, with knowledge of accounting standards (including IFRS & USGAAP), and understanding of compliance and tax regulations with an international/global charity.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing control environments, developing business processes, policies and standards, and risk management.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills - able to communicate technical information and requirements to non-finance staff, and work effectively with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership, auditors, regulatory bodies and the finance and audit committee.
- Able to work in a changing and ambiguous environment.