Our client is in the rail sector and is based in central London.
They are looking to recruit a high calibre Interim Head of Finance to support them an initial 3-6-month contract. You will be expected to go into the office one day a week.
As an interim Head of Finance, you will be to stepping to cover a senior role within the business. The Head of Finance will lead and direct the FP&A and Financial Control functions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- To lead, manage and support the FP&A and Financial Control teams.
- To lead and direct all budgeting and forecasting processes including supporting the business units in delivering their objectives by providing operational reporting and accurate budgeting/forecasting.
- To lead and direct the business wide management accounting processes including the consolidation of management accounting information to produce companywide accounts and statistics.
- To be conscious of financial controls and to ensure risks are identified and mitigated where possible.
- To lead and direct all financial accounting within the company, defining company Policy and Standards, ensuring full control and effective use of assets, preserving the liquidity of the company.
- To lead and produce the company's annual report and accounts, ensuring that they comply with recognised accounting standards and providing appropriate overviews for Board review.
- Deliver statutory requirements on time including VAT and Tax documentation to Group for submission.
- To lead and direct the preparation of working capital budgets and forecasts.
- To lead and direct the provision of professional and technical accounting expertise.
- To oversee Treasury, including cash management, forecast and reporting, track and optimise liquidity ratio and manage bank related activities.
- To lead and direct the account payable/receivable function. Ensuring compliant payment of invoices and prompt debt collection. Managing the invoices sign off process both payments and issues.
The successful candidate will have extensive rail (TOC) background and have a ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualification. This role requires strong team manager. You will have the ability to work effectively in an ambiguous and changing role and able to drive agenda forward. You will be approachable and have excellent communication skills.