Who are we?
myPOS Europe Ltd (MPE) is seeking a qualified accountant to strengthen its Finance team in London. MPE is an FCA regulated Electronic Money Institution with over 100,000 active customers across Europe. MyPOS is disrupting the market with an unprecedented 'one-stop-shop' solution for MSMEs, helping them grow and overcome payments acceptance challenges. This is an excellent opportunity for an accountant to develop a career within a fast growing FinTech business. The London Finance team is supported by a larger team in Varna (Bulgaria). Main purpose of role:
To provide all round support to the Head of Finance in London. To ensure financial reporting and control is high quality and effective. To help develop financial systems, processes and procedures to allow myPOS to grow. To provide high quality financial information and analysis to myPOS management. Key Tasks:
Personal experience and attributes:
- Daily review of financial flows and cash position
- Ensuring appropriate booking of MPE accounting entries
- Reconciliation review
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Cash management
- Payment processing and approval
- Client funds reconciliation and assurance of regulatory requirements in relation to segregation
- MPE budgeting and forecasting
- Capital adequacy calculation and forecasting
- Proofing and review of balance sheet accounts
- Highlighting and resolving or escalating accounting issues and errors
- Liaising with/managing Varna accounting team to ensure accounting performed on a timely and appropriate basis
- Liaison with external auditors
- Preparation of annual regulatory returns
- Preparation of KPIs and further financial analytics
- Development and improvement of financial processes and controls including appropriate documentation
- Ad hoc projects and requests as required by senior management
- Newly qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) educated to degree level or at final stages of exams.
- Mid-management experience
- Experience of working within (or exposure to, through audit) a regulated entity
- Should be control focused but able to think innovatively/implement new ideas
- Confident personality able to liaise across functions and internationally
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Energy, drive and 'can-do attitude
- Payments/banking/fintech experience useful though not essential
- Exposure to client funds/segregation accounting useful
- Advanced Excel and generally IT literate
Responsible for: No direct reports in London but indirectly may be required to manage one or two staff in Varna
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Travel required: Occasional possible Are you ready to take it to the next level? Apply by sending us:
- CV in English.
- Cover letter - Share with us why you would like to join the myPOS family.
We always properly take care of all applicants, and you can be sure that the personal details of every single one of you will be treated with the utmost respect, confidentiality, and full compliance with the Personal Data Protection Law. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, so keep it tight and fresh - good luck to all of you!