Finance Manager | Scale-Up Ed-Tech Social Enterprise | London | £65k
Harmonic Finance are proud to be recruiting exclusively for one of the UK's leading start-ups. 'Ed-Tech' and Learning and Development is one of the top 3 hottest sectors for investment and these guys are at the forefront!
The business has recently hit the £1 million ARR (annual return rate) threshold and are looking to onboard this position as a newly created role.
As well as joining a genuinely fast-growth business you will also be working alongside one of London's most prominent entrepreneurs with a wide investor relationship which includes some of the top Venture Capital and Private Equity firms as well as entrepreneur network.
The business is based in stunning architect-designed office space and have been hitting headlines lately for their innovative approach to Education technology. The current expectation will be for 1 day a week travel into their London offices with 4 days spent working from home (WFH).The role
You will be the number one in Finance for the business and the role will oversee 4 days a week working on the Ed-Tech business and 1 days per week overseeing the Founders other scaleup business (social enterprise).
The successful candidate will spend much of their time at focusing upon management of the finance function, FP&A, working capital management, compliance and commercial negotiations and reviews. It is therefore essential that you have a real eye for detail not solely related to figures.
The team are great fun and very intellectually gifted. So this will suit a candidate who is a quick lateral thinker, who also enjoys the social side of things.Responsibilities:
What we need to see (Essential)
- Responsible for the day-to-day finance function with focus also on the FP&A function and working with founder to provide commentary and commercial insights based around the financial performance.
- Responsible for cash management, cash forecasting and new income generating strategies
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, annual financial statements and reports for the board and stakeholders
- Responsible for developing and negotiating the businesses commercial agreements
- Development of financial policies and procedures, internal controls, governance, and risk management frameworks
- Although this is a sole Finance role, payroll and stat accounts are outsourced so management of the outsourced finance function would be required.
- As both companies are start-ups, the suitable candidate will be open to supporting Operational colleagues where required with additional duties (e.g. ensuring risk and financial controls and compliance around user data are in place).
What we'd like to see (Bonus)
- Recent experience within a start-up or scale-up business, preferably with software business (Saas / Ed-tech / marketplace etc)
- FP&A would be advantageous over full technical experience
- Genuine interest in education space
- Great communication skills and a strong educational background.
- Experience with Xero or similar accounting package
- Fully qualified ACCA or CIMA or ACA
- Previous experience within Education-related organisation would be preference however we are open to industry background
£55-65k base + benefitsNotice:
up to 3 months
Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ